Betting tips for Chelsea v Stoke: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
- April 4, 2014
Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Matic, David Luiz; Schurlle, Oscar, Hazard; Torres.
Samuel Eto’o, who recently has been unavailable due to a hamstring injury may return to the Chelsea squad v Stoke, while Ashley Cole, who is recovering from a knee injury is a doubt. Ramires is still sidelined as he is completing 3 game ban.
Stoke: Begovic; Cameron, Shawcross, Wilson, Pieters; N’Zonzi, Whelan; Odemwingie, Ireland, Arnautovic; Crouch.
Midfielder Oussama Assaidi is a doubt for Saturday’s game against Chelsea, while Jack Butland and Robert Huth are still unavailable due to injuries.
After the surprise defeat to Crystal Palace during the last round, coupled with the bitter loss against PSG in the Champions League quarterfinals this past Wednesday, Mourinho’s side is now in danger of losing both of its remaining title chances. Chelsea can still continue to hope, as they now sit in second spot with six games remaining, two points behind leaders Liverpool and the same margin ahead of Manchester City.
Stoke’s winning streak was extended to three games, following a 1-0 victory against Hull City last weekend, and they are now unbeaten in their last five. Stoke’s recent revival has propelled them to the 10th spot, 14 points clear of relegation.
Some essential stats on Chelsea v Stoke to help with online betting:
Chelsea are unbeaten in 76 Premier League home games under Jose Mourinho winning 60 and drawing 16.
Chelsea have dropped just eight points from the last 75 available at Stamford Bridge (P25 W21, D4).
Stoke (15) is the only club in the league which recovered more points from losing positions than Chelsea (14).
Stoke have committed more fouls than any other team in the top division (417), while Chelsea are the second most fouled team in the league (381).
Chelsea have allowed their opponents 99 shots on target against them, fewer than any other team in the Premier League.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea starlet Mario Pasalic to join AC Milan on season long-loan for €1m [Di Marzio]August 24, 2016
- Chelsea up their offer for AC Milan’s Alessio Romagnoli [RMC Sport]August 24, 2016
- Chelsea’s John Terry is the best defender in England (Sky Sports Video)August 24, 2016
- Chelsea fans express concerns about their defence after Bristol Rovers win (Videos)August 24, 2016
- Peter Crouch explains why he gave away his match ball after Stoke win (Video)August 24, 2016
- Joe Allen on the brutal way he learned about his move from Liverpool to Stoke [Telegraph]August 19, 2016
- Stoke v Man City: Premier League preview, line-ups and predictionsAugust 18, 2016
- Stoke fans will love Marko Arnautovic’s Instagram postJuly 27, 2016