Betting tips for Chelsea v Norwich: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
- May 4, 2014
Chelsea: Schwarzer; Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta; Lampard, Matic; Schurrle, Willian, Hazard; Eto’o.
Mark Schwarzer is set to continue between the posts, with Petr Cech not yet ready to return. In midfield Ramires will miss the rest of the season after accepting the FA charge of violent conduct. Frank Lampard or John Obi Mikel, are available again after sitting out the Atletico match through suspension while Samuel Eto’o recovered from injury to start on the bench in midweek.
Norwich: Rudy; Martin, Turner, Yobo, Olsson; Johnson; Fer, Howson; Snodgrass; Hooper, Redmond.
Joseph Yobo is a slight doubt with a calf complaint, but is expected to be available, while Anthony Pilkington is ruled out after failing to train all week due to a hip injury.
101GG Betting Tip:
Chelsea fans have experienced an emotional roller-coaster these past few weeks.
The sensational win at Anfield, which reopened the Premier League title race, was followed by a rather disappointing home loss to Atletico in the Champions League and an ousting from Europe’s elite contest. The Blues will look to elevate their morale domestically, and take advantage of a struggling Norwich side, in order to maintain their chances in winning the premiership.
The Canaries, who find themselves at the opposite end of the table need to win their remaining games against Chelsea and Arsenal to avoid relegation, a seemingly impossible task, especially in light of Sunderland’s impressive win against Manchester United on Saturday.
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho can field both John Terry and Eden Hazard for the visit of Norwich, after both recovered from injury to play the full 90 minutes against Atletico in midweek..
While in midfield Mohamed Salah is expected to continue on the right, Nemanja Matic is also available again after being ineligible in midweek and could be featured alongside Frank Lampard or John Obi Mikel, with both players returning after sitting out the Atletico match due to suspensions.
Up top, Samuel Eto’o recovered from injury to start on the bench in midweek; he would seem Mourinho’s first choice for the central striker’s role – Fernando Torres and Demba Ba remain alternatives.
101GG Prediction: Chelsea 3 – Norwich 0
Norwich have scored 28 times this season, fewest in the league together with Crystal Palace.
Norwich, who have hit only 11 away goals, travel to Stamford Bridge, where just 11 opposition goals have been conceded.
Norwich, the team with the fewest away points accumulated this season, are up against the club with the league’s best home record.
The Canaries haven’t beaten Chelsea in 20 years.
Chelsea have only twice failed to score three or more goals in their last nine matches with Norwich.
- Kid’s got talent: Footage of Chelsea’s 12-year-old sensation Ben Elliott (V...
- Chelsea’s Pedro skinned Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla at Spain training (Video)
- Pedro finally explains his decision to join Chelsea ahead of Manchester United [Marca]
- Think Chelsea have a lot of players on loan? Wait till you see what’s going on at...
- Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma & Juve’s Paul Pogba show off sublime juggling ski...
- Chelsea failed in a late bid to sign Luisao from Benfica [O Jogo]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...