Betting tips for Chelsea v Norwich: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
- May 4, 2014
Chelsea: Schwarzer; Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta; Lampard, Matic; Schurrle, Willian, Hazard; Eto’o.
Mark Schwarzer is set to continue between the posts, with Petr Cech not yet ready to return. In midfield Ramires will miss the rest of the season after accepting the FA charge of violent conduct. Frank Lampard or John Obi Mikel, are available again after sitting out the Atletico match through suspension while Samuel Eto’o recovered from injury to start on the bench in midweek.
Norwich: Rudy; Martin, Turner, Yobo, Olsson; Johnson; Fer, Howson; Snodgrass; Hooper, Redmond.
Joseph Yobo is a slight doubt with a calf complaint, but is expected to be available, while Anthony Pilkington is ruled out after failing to train all week due to a hip injury.
101GG Betting Tip:
Chelsea fans have experienced an emotional roller-coaster these past few weeks.
The sensational win at Anfield, which reopened the Premier League title race, was followed by a rather disappointing home loss to Atletico in the Champions League and an ousting from Europe’s elite contest. The Blues will look to elevate their morale domestically, and take advantage of a struggling Norwich side, in order to maintain their chances in winning the premiership.
The Canaries, who find themselves at the opposite end of the table need to win their remaining games against Chelsea and Arsenal to avoid relegation, a seemingly impossible task, especially in light of Sunderland’s impressive win against Manchester United on Saturday.
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho can field both John Terry and Eden Hazard for the visit of Norwich, after both recovered from injury to play the full 90 minutes against Atletico in midweek..
While in midfield Mohamed Salah is expected to continue on the right, Nemanja Matic is also available again after being ineligible in midweek and could be featured alongside Frank Lampard or John Obi Mikel, with both players returning after sitting out the Atletico match due to suspensions.
Up top, Samuel Eto’o recovered from injury to start on the bench in midweek; he would seem Mourinho’s first choice for the central striker’s role – Fernando Torres and Demba Ba remain alternatives.
101GG Prediction: Chelsea 3 – Norwich 0
Norwich have scored 28 times this season, fewest in the league together with Crystal Palace.
Norwich, who have hit only 11 away goals, travel to Stamford Bridge, where just 11 opposition goals have been conceded.
Norwich, the team with the fewest away points accumulated this season, are up against the club with the league’s best home record.
The Canaries haven’t beaten Chelsea in 20 years.
Chelsea have only twice failed to score three or more goals in their last nine matches with Norwich.
- Chelsea target Arda Turan expects to sign for Barcelona on Friday [Mundo Deportivo]
- Behind the scenes on Petr Cech’s first day at Arsenal [video]
- Chelsea fans enjoy new interview where Petr Cech jokes about Arsenal [video]
- Chelsea Fans Channel rank the top five worst Blues signings [Video]
- Chelsea’s 14-year-old Bernard Kosia moonwalks while balancing a football [Skills ...
- Colombian TV report Radamel Falcao has signed his Chelsea contract [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi