Betting tips for Brazil v Holland: Predicted line-ups, essential facts & stats
- July 10, 2014
Brazil: Victor, Maicon, Maxwell, Thiago Silva, Henrique, Hernanes, Paulinho, Willian, Ramires, Bernard & Jo.
Neymar is ruled out with a back injury. Luiz Felipe Scolari will have some tough choices to make in terms of which players are emotionally ready for the clash with Holland.
Holland: Vorm, Verhaegh, Kongolo, Veltman, Martins Indi, Janmaat, Clasie, Lens, Depay, Wijnaldum, Huntelaar.
Leroy Fer looks set to miss out with injury and Louis van Gaal will likely use players that have barely appeared in Brazil so far.
Estádio Nacional de Brasília plays host to the penultimate game of the World Cup.
For both teams another game is pretty much what neither would have wished for, but for Brazil it could help the catharsis process after that 7-1 mauling at the hands of Germany.
Big Phil Scolari stubbornly said that his side would prepare for their final game in his post-match press conference after losing the semi-final in Belo Horizonte and you can imagine it could help the hosts start to recover.
After all, Brazil have plenty to be proud of, having produced one of the best World Cups in living memory and there will be players that are still keen to make an impression.
For some, such as Julio Cesar, Maicon and Fred, this could be the last time they appear for their national team.
Others, e.g. Willian and Bernard, will be looking to make a mark for the future.
Holland meanwhile are unlikely to put up too much of a fight, if Louis van Gaal’s opinion of this game is anything to go by.
After the penalty shoot-out defeat to Argentina, LVG said: “I think this match should never be played and I’ve been saying this for 10 years. It is unfair we have one day less to recover than our opponent so that is not fair play either.”
The incoming Manchester United boss continued: “But the worst thing is I believe that chances are that you lose twice in a row. And a tournament in which you’ve played so marvellously well you would go home as a loser just because you could possibly have lost the last two matches and this has got nothing to do with sports in my view. So, in a football tournament particularly not at the last stage you shouldn’t have players playing match for third-fourth place. Because there is only one award that counts and that is becoming world champion.”
Holland’s star players such as Robin van Persie, Arjen Robben and Wesley Sneijder will almost certainly play no part and exhausted first XI players such as Stefan de Vrij and Daley Blind will also be hoping for a rest.
All signs point to Brazil bagging a morale boosting win. Will their home support allow anything else?!
101gg prediction: Brazil 3 – Holland 1.
Some essential facts and stats to help with online betting on Brazil v Holland
The World Cup third place play-off is almost always a high scoring affair. Last time out it finished Uruguay 2 – Germany 3. In 2006, Germany also scored three versus Portugal. And, Turkey beat South Korea 3-2 in 2002.
If Michael Vorm plays, Holland will have utilised every single member of their 23-man World Cup squad in Brazil.
Brazil last played Holland in June 2011, the final score was 0-0.
Brazil are coming off the back of their worst ever World Cup defeat.
Holland did not have a single shot on goal during the opening 90 minutes against Argentina.
The Dutch have scored one goal from open play in three matches.
Brazil’s defeat to Germany was their first competitive loss on home soil since 1975.
- Classic Clip: Brazil legend Pele nutmegs one of the best defenders ever, Franz Beckenba...
- Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho produced a glorious sombrero during Brazil’s ...
- Brazil players blamed Thiago Silva on the pitch for handball before shoot-out [Video]
- Individual highlights: New Liverpool star Roberto Firmino v Paraguay [video]
- Paraguay stun Brazil, eliminating Dunga’s side on penalties [Official Highlights]
- New Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino struggles for Brazil v Paraguay [Best Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi