Betting tips for Atletico Madrid v Chelsea: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
Atletico Madrid: Courtois; Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Luis; Garcia, Gabi, Tiago, Koke; Costa, Villa.
Chelsea’s on-loan keeper Thibaut Courtois is in line to play against his employers, with Diego Simeone is boosted by the return of Arda Turan following illness.
Chelsea: Cech; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Lampard, Luiz; Willian, Oscar, Schurrle; Torres.
Samuel Eto’o is out for the Blues with a “minor knee irritation”, however Eden Hazard could make his return to the team after travelling to Spain for the Champions League semifinal.
At the back Jose Mourinho has a problem with Branislav Ivanovic being. Cesar Azpilicueta is likely to play at right-back and Ashley Cole may return on the left.
101GG Betting Tip
Atletico Madrid are favourites to claim a first leg Champions League semifinal win over Chelsea.
The Rojiblancos come into the match on the back of eight straight wins and a formidable 12-match unbeaten run, whilst Jose Mourinho’s charges lost at Stamford Bridge last weekend to the Premier League’s basement-dwellers Sunderland.
Chelsea’s biggest problem all season has been goals up-front, and those issues will come sharply into focus when Fernando Torres comes into the Blues attack to play against his boyhood club Atleti.
With the usually misfiring Torres leading the line, Chelsea’s biggest threat on the evening could be Andre Schurrle, who has been one of the few bright sparks for the Blues in recent weeks.
Whilst Chelsea look for the right blend of players, Diego Simeone’s Atleti look like a well oiled machine. Formidable strike-partners Diego Costa and David Villa are backed up by the brilliant Koke and Gabi in midfield, and the Spaniards will fancy their chances of scoring at least two or three goals against Chelsea at what will surely be a deafening Vincent Calderon.
101GG predicts: Atletico Madrid 2 – Chelsea 0.
Some essential facts to help with online betting
Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 15 clashes with Spanish sides in the Champions League.
Atletico Madrid have only conceded five goals in 10 Champions League games this season, the best defensive record in the competition.
Atletico Madrid are the only team unbeaten in the Champions League this season (8 wins, 2 draws).
Diego Costa has scored seven goals in six Champions League games.
Jose Mourinho won three of his four meetings with Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid in all competitions when at Real Madrid.
Watch Live Stream
- Atletico Madrid are making serious money from Sergio Aguero’s success at Man CityDecember 6, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo Jr is a big fan of… Antoine GriezmannDecember 5, 2016
- Diego Simeone’s brilliant anti-Juventus Instagram post after Giovanni Simeone braceNovember 28, 2016
- Man United fans get excited as Antoine Griezmann produces another transfer hint [Telefoot]November 27, 2016
- Terry and Loftus-Cheek talk about ‘the Journey’ process in BTS EA Sports videoDecember 8, 2016
- 737th overall in Fantasy Premier League & not a single transfer this seasonDecember 8, 2016
- Lots of Chelsea fans don’t even want Arsenal’s star player [Tweets]December 8, 2016
- John Terry films bizarre goalkeeper exercise at Chelsea trainingDecember 8, 2016