Betting tips for Arsenal v West Brom: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
- May 4, 2014
Arsenal: Sczesny; Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Ramsey, Arteta; Cazorla, Ozil, Podolski; Giroud.
Thomas Vermaelen should be fit enough to return to action following a hamstring injury while Bacary Sagna is struggling to overcome a knee problem. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain remains out with a groin problem, while Kieran Gibbs will be missing out due to an ankle injury. Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere, Serge Gnabry and Ryo Miyaichi and Abou Diaby all remain sidelined as well.
West Brom: Foster; Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Brunt; Mulumbu, Yacob; Amalfitano, Sessegnon, Dorrans; Berahino.
Steven Reid is a doubt due to a groin problem sustained in last week’s win over West Ham. Liam Ridgewell (knee) and Zoltan Gera (hamstring) are expected to miss out, though reportedly both are making progress towards full fitness.
101GG Betting Tip:
Arsene Wenger’s sigh of relief was heard throughout North London on Saturday following Everton’s home loss to Manchester City. The Citizens’ victory at Goodison Park, secured the Gunners yet again a top four, Champions League qualification finish, for the 17th consecutive season. As a result, the Gunners will not have much left to play for.
A theoretical third spot finish ahead of Chelsea is still a possibility, but Arsenal’s thoughts may already be in the planning for the FA Cup final and not at their full strength when they face West Brom.
The story is quite different for the Baggies, who remain only four points clear of relegation and need a victory at the Emirates to guarantee another top flight season.
For Arsenal, Arteta is expected to partner with Ramsey in central midfield again, while Monreal will remain at left back. Podolski, Ozil and Cazorla will likely form the attack behind Oliver Giroud.
West Brom boss Pepe Mel has received a boost after defender Gareth McAuley returned to training in time for the Arsenal clash this weekend and should take the place of Craig Dawson in central defence.
101GG Prediction: Arsenal 3 – West Brom 2
Some essential facts to help with online betting:
West Brom have drawn four of their five Premier League games in London this season.
Arsenal have scored in all 15 previous games against the Baggies in the Premier League.
Arsenal have scored exactly three goals in each of their last three Premier League games.
Arsenal are on the longest current winning run in the Premier League (3 games).
Mesut Ozil has been involved in 14 goals in 24 Premier League appearances for Arsenal.
West Brom have lost only one of their last five league games.
The four teams immediately below West Brom in the table have won more games than them this season.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal thank Mikel Arteta for the memories after five years with the club (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Leicester earned £93m for winning EPL, but Arsenal made over £100m coming second [Graphic]May 24th, 2016
- Arsenal keeper Petr Cech heaps praise on “extraordinary” Mesut Ozil (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Arsenal pay tribute to Tomas Rosicky after a decade at the club (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Tottenham’s title hopes lie in tatters after home draw with West Brom [Tweets]April 25th, 2016
- Tottenham v West Brom [Team Sheets]April 25th, 2016
- Tottenham v West Brom: Premier League preview & predicted line upsApril 25th, 2016
- Iwobi starts, Walcott benched: Arsenal v West Brom [Team Sheets]April 21st, 2016