Betting tips for Algeria v Russia: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
- June 25, 2014
Algeria: M’bolhi; Ghoulam, Bougherra, Halliche, Mostefa; Bentaleb, Medjani, Mahrez, Feghouli, Taider; Soudani.
Russia: Akinfeev; Kombarov, Ignashevich, Berezutski, Yeshchenko; Glushakov, Shatov, Fayzulin; Samedov, Kokorin, Zhirkov.
101GG Betting Tip:
Algeria and Russia will battle it out on Thursday for their last chance to reach the knockout stages.
The North Africans looked impressive during their last game, when they beat South Korea 4:2 and established themselves as the front runners for the second place in Group H.
Russia, on the other hand, have suffered defeat at the hands of Belgium, conceding the decisive goal in the dying minutes of the fixture. Fabio Capello needs a win on Thursday coupled with a Belgian draw or victory to reach the Round of 16.
This will not be an easy task for the Russians, as Algeria now became the first African side to score four goals at a World Cup, and are keen to keep their momentum going.
With both teams needing the win, expect the two to play openly, and seek out the attack. Ultimately, the North Africans are a more physical side, but the Russians feature some great individual talent which is likely to make the difference.
101GG Prediction: Algeria 1 – Russia 2
Some facts and stats to help with online betting:
This will be the second match played involving Algeria and Russia. The previous match was a friendly and it ended 2-2.
Algeria have only won one of their 7 World Cup games against European opposition.
Algeria ended a run of seven World Cup matches without a win by claiming victory in their second group game against South Korea.
The last eight World Cup goals conceded by Algeria have come after half-time.
Russia have kept one clean sheet in their eight World Cup matches since the start of the 1994 tournament.
Russia are without a win in four World Cup group games.
Eight of the last nine World Cup goals shipped by Russia have arrived after half time.
Watch Live Stream
- Riyad Mahrez picks out Saphir Taider for Paul Scholes-esque wonder volley (Video)March 26th, 2016
- Faouzi Ghoulam scores fantastic free-kick golazo for Algeria v Tanzania (video)November 18th, 2015
- Algeria maestro Yacine Brahimi pulls off ridiculous nutmeg in build-up to Riyad Mahrez goal (Video)November 17th, 2015
- Tottenham’s Nabil Bentleb posts angry Instagram message dismissing injury claimsSeptember 2nd, 2015
- England & Wales get a big Euro 2016 boost after Russia’s star player withdraws due to ...May 22nd, 2016
- Highlights of France’s excellent 4-2 win over Russia (Official video)March 30th, 2016
- Incredible fan video of West Ham star Dimitri Payet’s glorious free-kick for FranceMarch 30th, 2016
- Mistake? Russian TV replaces Turkish flag with the Hungarian flag in the Euro 2016 drawDecember 12th, 2015