Betting tips for Algeria v Russia: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
- June 25, 2014
Algeria: M’bolhi; Ghoulam, Bougherra, Halliche, Mostefa; Bentaleb, Medjani, Mahrez, Feghouli, Taider; Soudani.
Russia: Akinfeev; Kombarov, Ignashevich, Berezutski, Yeshchenko; Glushakov, Shatov, Fayzulin; Samedov, Kokorin, Zhirkov.
101GG Betting Tip:
Algeria and Russia will battle it out on Thursday for their last chance to reach the knockout stages.
The North Africans looked impressive during their last game, when they beat South Korea 4:2 and established themselves as the front runners for the second place in Group H.
Russia, on the other hand, have suffered defeat at the hands of Belgium, conceding the decisive goal in the dying minutes of the fixture. Fabio Capello needs a win on Thursday coupled with a Belgian draw or victory to reach the Round of 16.
This will not be an easy task for the Russians, as Algeria now became the first African side to score four goals at a World Cup, and are keen to keep their momentum going.
With both teams needing the win, expect the two to play openly, and seek out the attack. Ultimately, the North Africans are a more physical side, but the Russians feature some great individual talent which is likely to make the difference.
101GG Prediction: Algeria 1 – Russia 2
Some facts and stats to help with online betting:
This will be the second match played involving Algeria and Russia. The previous match was a friendly and it ended 2-2.
Algeria have only won one of their 7 World Cup games against European opposition.
Algeria ended a run of seven World Cup matches without a win by claiming victory in their second group game against South Korea.
The last eight World Cup goals conceded by Algeria have come after half-time.
Russia have kept one clean sheet in their eight World Cup matches since the start of the 1994 tournament.
Russia are without a win in four World Cup group games.
Eight of the last nine World Cup goals shipped by Russia have arrived after half time.
- Spurs midfielder Nabil Bentaleb finishes off quality Algeria goal v Seychelles [video]
- After a cock-up at Algeria training, Spurs’ Nabil Bentaleb gets hit round the hea...
- Amazing spinning backheel golazo by Algerian U12 player v South Africa [GIF]
- Porto midfielder Yacine Brahimi pulled off a Zidane roulette for Algeria v Ethiopia [Vi...
- Algeria record a fifth straight win beating Ethiopia 3-1 [Video]
- Algeria qualify for the African Cup of Nations with convincing 3-0 win over Malawi [Hig...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...