Betting tips for Algeria v Russia: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
- June 25, 2014
Algeria: M’bolhi; Ghoulam, Bougherra, Halliche, Mostefa; Bentaleb, Medjani, Mahrez, Feghouli, Taider; Soudani.
Russia: Akinfeev; Kombarov, Ignashevich, Berezutski, Yeshchenko; Glushakov, Shatov, Fayzulin; Samedov, Kokorin, Zhirkov.
101GG Betting Tip:
Algeria and Russia will battle it out on Thursday for their last chance to reach the knockout stages.
The North Africans looked impressive during their last game, when they beat South Korea 4:2 and established themselves as the front runners for the second place in Group H.
Russia, on the other hand, have suffered defeat at the hands of Belgium, conceding the decisive goal in the dying minutes of the fixture. Fabio Capello needs a win on Thursday coupled with a Belgian draw or victory to reach the Round of 16.
This will not be an easy task for the Russians, as Algeria now became the first African side to score four goals at a World Cup, and are keen to keep their momentum going.
With both teams needing the win, expect the two to play openly, and seek out the attack. Ultimately, the North Africans are a more physical side, but the Russians feature some great individual talent which is likely to make the difference.
101GG Prediction: Algeria 1 – Russia 2
Some facts and stats to help with online betting:
This will be the second match played involving Algeria and Russia. The previous match was a friendly and it ended 2-2.
Algeria have only won one of their 7 World Cup games against European opposition.
Algeria ended a run of seven World Cup matches without a win by claiming victory in their second group game against South Korea.
The last eight World Cup goals conceded by Algeria have come after half-time.
Russia have kept one clean sheet in their eight World Cup matches since the start of the 1994 tournament.
Russia are without a win in four World Cup group games.
Eight of the last nine World Cup goals shipped by Russia have arrived after half time.
Watch Live Stream
- Tottenham’s Nabil Bentaleb scored a belter for Algeria, after Riyad Mahrez nutmeg (video)November 12, 2016
- Chelsea 3 – Algeria 1 (videos)November 12, 2016
- Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez scores a stunning free kick golazo for Algeria (Video)September 4, 2016
- Riyad Mahrez picks out Saphir Taider for Paul Scholes-esque wonder volley (Video)March 26, 2016
- Russian model Victoria Lopyreva was a big hit at the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup drawNovember 27, 2016
- Zenit fine & demote Aleksandr Kokorin after Russian star spends €250k on champagne (Video)July 5, 2016
- A violent but comedy cartoon depicts the fan violence at Euro 2016 (Video)June 20, 2016
- Russia v Wales: Euro 2016 preview, line-ups & predictionsJune 19, 2016