- Brendan Rodgers pre-Arsenal: ‘Alexis Sanchez was 1 of our transfer targets, he’s a fantastic player’ [Video]
- Sergio Ramos: ‘Real Madrid are God’s team’
- Liverpool offer £135k annual salary to 15-year-old Roma attacker dubbed ‘the new Ibrahimovic’ [Standard]
- Man United target Diego Godin says he’d like to stay with Atletico for ‘many years’ [Mirror]
- Arsenal players spread Christmas cheer around to children in hospital [Video]
Betting suspended on Mohamed Salah joining Liverpool from Basel
— Sky Bet (@SkyBet) December 28, 2013
The fact the TV company most linked with the Premier League have a betting arm is a curious case of affairs in England, but the above Tweet is the latest indication that Liverpool are set to sign one of the best wingers in Europe.
Liverpool have been consistently linked with Mohamed Salah in recent months with Brendan Rodgers understood to have watched the Egyptian winger, in person, on more than one occasion.
Earlier this month we also detailed how a good friend of Salah’s told Egyptian TV that a January move from Basel to Liverpool was imminent.
Salah has made his name as the player who scored two winners for Basel against Chelsea in the Champions League group stages.
But, the 21-year-old has been ripping up the Swiss Super League for a couple of seasons and would be a real coup for Brendan Rodgers’ side, if they can capture him for around 10 million pounds.
- Updated: December 29, 2013