Betting suspended on Mohamed Salah joining Liverpool from Basel
— Sky Bet (@SkyBet) December 28, 2013
The fact the TV company most linked with the Premier League have a betting arm is a curious case of affairs in England, but the above Tweet is the latest indication that Liverpool are set to sign one of the best wingers in Europe.
Liverpool have been consistently linked with Mohamed Salah in recent months with Brendan Rodgers understood to have watched the Egyptian winger, in person, on more than one occasion.
Earlier this month we also detailed how a good friend of Salah’s told Egyptian TV that a January move from Basel to Liverpool was imminent.
Salah has made his name as the player who scored two winners for Basel against Chelsea in the Champions League group stages.
But, the 21-year-old has been ripping up the Swiss Super League for a couple of seasons and would be a real coup for Brendan Rodgers’ side, if they can capture him for around 10 million pounds.
Watch Live Stream
- Spurs linked to Basel striker Breel Embolo, and why the story seems bogus [Sun]May 15th, 2016
- Basel are letting their fans vote for what they want next season’s home kit to look likeMarch 1st, 2016
- Basel reject €27m offer from Wolfsburg for 18-year-old striker Breel Embolo [Kicker]January 26th, 2016
- Done Deal: Arsene Wenger confirms Arsenal have signed Mohamed Elneny, he may play v Stoke (Video)January 14th, 2016
- Loris Karius says he intends to uproot Simon Mignolet as Liverpool number one (Video)May 25th, 2016
- Liverpool “very close” to completing €60m deal for Porto star Yacine Brahimi [A Bola]May 25th, 2016
- New Liverpool signing Loris Karius discusses move from Mainz on InstagramMay 25th, 2016
- Done Deal: Liverpool sign Loris Karius from Mainz (Video)May 24th, 2016