Betting suspended on Mohamed Salah joining Liverpool from Basel
- December 29, 2013
— Sky Bet (@SkyBet) December 28, 2013
The fact the TV company most linked with the Premier League have a betting arm is a curious case of affairs in England, but the above Tweet is the latest indication that Liverpool are set to sign one of the best wingers in Europe.
Liverpool have been consistently linked with Mohamed Salah in recent months with Brendan Rodgers understood to have watched the Egyptian winger, in person, on more than one occasion.
Earlier this month we also detailed how a good friend of Salah’s told Egyptian TV that a January move from Basel to Liverpool was imminent.
Salah has made his name as the player who scored two winners for Basel against Chelsea in the Champions League group stages.
But, the 21-year-old has been ripping up the Swiss Super League for a couple of seasons and would be a real coup for Brendan Rodgers’ side, if they can capture him for around 10 million pounds.
- Basel teenager Breel Embolo supplied a brilliant backheel assist after scoring a brace ...
- Basel’s Adama Traore scored a stunning goal v Sion [Video]
- Champions League Preview: Real Madrid vs Schalke & Porto vs Basel [Video]
- Champions League Preview: Schalke vs Real Madrid and Basel vs Porto [Video]
- Basel midfielder Fabian Frei talks about facing English teams and the Champions League ...
- Jamie Carragher made fun of ex-Liverpool teammate Philipp Degen during Basel game [Tweet]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...