Betting suspended on Mohamed Salah joining Liverpool from Basel
- December 29, 2013
— Sky Bet (@SkyBet) December 28, 2013
The fact the TV company most linked with the Premier League have a betting arm is a curious case of affairs in England, but the above Tweet is the latest indication that Liverpool are set to sign one of the best wingers in Europe.
Liverpool have been consistently linked with Mohamed Salah in recent months with Brendan Rodgers understood to have watched the Egyptian winger, in person, on more than one occasion.
Earlier this month we also detailed how a good friend of Salah’s told Egyptian TV that a January move from Basel to Liverpool was imminent.
Salah has made his name as the player who scored two winners for Basel against Chelsea in the Champions League group stages.
But, the 21-year-old has been ripping up the Swiss Super League for a couple of seasons and would be a real coup for Brendan Rodgers’ side, if they can capture him for around 10 million pounds.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...