Betting suspended on Mohamed Salah joining Liverpool from Basel
- December 29, 2013
— Sky Bet (@SkyBet) December 28, 2013
The fact the TV company most linked with the Premier League have a betting arm is a curious case of affairs in England, but the above Tweet is the latest indication that Liverpool are set to sign one of the best wingers in Europe.
Liverpool have been consistently linked with Mohamed Salah in recent months with Brendan Rodgers understood to have watched the Egyptian winger, in person, on more than one occasion.
Earlier this month we also detailed how a good friend of Salah’s told Egyptian TV that a January move from Basel to Liverpool was imminent.
Salah has made his name as the player who scored two winners for Basel against Chelsea in the Champions League group stages.
But, the 21-year-old has been ripping up the Swiss Super League for a couple of seasons and would be a real coup for Brendan Rodgers’ side, if they can capture him for around 10 million pounds.
- Champions League Preview: Real Madrid vs Schalke & Porto vs Basel [Video]
- Champions League Preview: Schalke vs Real Madrid and Basel vs Porto [Video]
- Basel midfielder Fabian Frei talks about facing English teams and the Champions League ...
- Jamie Carragher made fun of ex-Liverpool teammate Philipp Degen during Basel game [Tweet]
- Stevie G scores beautiful free-kick v Basel, Liverpool supporters go nuts! [VIDEO]
- Basel delete picture on Instagram joking about Liverpool, Spurs & Chelsea
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi