Betting suspended on Mohamed Salah joining Liverpool from Basel
— Sky Bet (@SkyBet) December 28, 2013
The fact the TV company most linked with the Premier League have a betting arm is a curious case of affairs in England, but the above Tweet is the latest indication that Liverpool are set to sign one of the best wingers in Europe.
Liverpool have been consistently linked with Mohamed Salah in recent months with Brendan Rodgers understood to have watched the Egyptian winger, in person, on more than one occasion.
Earlier this month we also detailed how a good friend of Salah’s told Egyptian TV that a January move from Basel to Liverpool was imminent.
Salah has made his name as the player who scored two winners for Basel against Chelsea in the Champions League group stages.
But, the 21-year-old has been ripping up the Swiss Super League for a couple of seasons and would be a real coup for Brendan Rodgers’ side, if they can capture him for around 10 million pounds.
Watch Live Stream
- Granit Xhaka expecting Basel v Arsenal to be most emotional matchday everDecember 6, 2016
- Basel v Arsenal: Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 6, 2016
- Arsenal vs Basel [Team Sheets]September 28, 2016
- Taulant Xhaka: Granit needs more playing time at Arsenal [Blick]September 27, 2016
- Liverpool fans will love Dirk Kuyt’s story about the stick he took from Manchester United fans (Video)December 6, 2016
- Liverpool get injury boost ahead of West Ham match at AnfieldDecember 6, 2016
- Will he be fit for West Ham? Update on Liverpool’s Sadio ManeDecember 6, 2016
- Phil Coutinho wins POTY award, Jurgen Klopp accepts award & cracks jokes (video)December 6, 2016