BETTING SPECIAL: Exclusive price boost on Brazil to win the World Cup at 6/1, Argentina 9/1 & Spain 14/1
- June 2, 2014
With the World Cup just around the corner, tournament favourites Brazil can now be backed at a scandalous 6/1 to win the competition in their own backyard.
The long odds on the Seleccao comes days after American investment bank Goldman Sacks revealed in their pre-World Cup prospectus, that Luis Felipe Scolari’s side have a huge 48.5% chance to walk away with the gold.
Having won the Confederations Cup last summer, and with a squad jam-packed with stars including Neymar, Oscar, Dante and Dani Alves, Brazil seem a shoo-in to reach the final stages of the World Cup this year.
Should the host nation fail to end up as top dog, though, then Argentina (9/1) have a wonderful chance of taking top honours.
Lionel Messi, who has yet to win a World Cup, leads arguably the world’s most impressive attacking nation on the planet, with Kun Aguero, Angel di Maria and Gonzalo Higuain all fabulous players who can unpick any opposition the come up against.
And then, of course, there is Spain (14/1).
The reigning World Cup and European Championships holders, La Roja are being written off by some as having had their day in the international spotlight.
Yet Spain should be ignored at people’s peril, particularly if Diego Costa can recover his fitness in time to be involved in (at least) the latter stages of the competition.
And with a Spanish team filled with Cesc Fabregas, Juan Mata, Andres Iniesta, Xavi, Santi Cazorla and Sergio Busquets to choose from, Spanish fans can easily argue their side still has the best midfield on the planet.
- Man United’s Angel Di Maria shows off his rabona skills in a new ad for Coca-Cola...
- Leo Messi went on another insanely brilliant run during Argentina rout of Paraguay [GIF...
- Argentina 6 – Paraguay 1: Angel Di Maria (2) & Sergio Aguero score in the ro...
- Incredible Odds! Argentina are an enormous 6/1 to beat Paraguay!!!
- Marcos Rojo reckons Angel Di Maria is the most talented player at Man United
- Argentina v Paraguay: Watch a Live Stream of the Copa America match – available in UK
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi