BETTING SPECIAL: Exclusive price boost on Brazil to win the World Cup at 6/1, Argentina 9/1 & Spain 14/1
- June 2, 2014
With the World Cup just around the corner, tournament favourites Brazil can now be backed at a scandalous 6/1 to win the competition in their own backyard.
The long odds on the Seleccao comes days after American investment bank Goldman Sacks revealed in their pre-World Cup prospectus, that Luis Felipe Scolari’s side have a huge 48.5% chance to walk away with the gold.
Having won the Confederations Cup last summer, and with a squad jam-packed with stars including Neymar, Oscar, Dante and Dani Alves, Brazil seem a shoo-in to reach the final stages of the World Cup this year.
Should the host nation fail to end up as top dog, though, then Argentina (9/1) have a wonderful chance of taking top honours.
Lionel Messi, who has yet to win a World Cup, leads arguably the world’s most impressive attacking nation on the planet, with Kun Aguero, Angel di Maria and Gonzalo Higuain all fabulous players who can unpick any opposition the come up against.
And then, of course, there is Spain (14/1).
The reigning World Cup and European Championships holders, La Roja are being written off by some as having had their day in the international spotlight.
Yet Spain should be ignored at people’s peril, particularly if Diego Costa can recover his fitness in time to be involved in (at least) the latter stages of the competition.
And with a Spanish team filled with Cesc Fabregas, Juan Mata, Andres Iniesta, Xavi, Santi Cazorla and Sergio Busquets to choose from, Spanish fans can easily argue their side still has the best midfield on the planet.
- High foot: Emmanuel Más sent off for outrageous stamp to the head in Argentina (Video)
- Leo Messi’s school in Rosario honour the Barca star with giant hand-painted tribu...
- “Eternal friend”: Diego Maradona posts about re-uniting with England-Argent...
- Man United & Man City stars selected for Argentina’s latest squad, Erik Lame...
- What. A. Goal. Substitute Eric Aparicio nets incredible long range golazo v Lanus (Video)
- Manchester United will sign Argentina number one Sergio Romero this weekend (ESPN)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...