Better than Bendtner? On loan Arsenal striker Joel Campbell scores again for Olympiakos [video]
- November 11, 2013
The arrival of Nicklas Bendtner on 78 minutes at Old Trafford on Sunday was greeted by moans and groans from Arsenal fans across the planet.
Just a day after the Danish striker had hit out at the club that pay his wages, Arsene Wenger desperately threw on a sub par striker to help Olivier Giroud in one of the biggest games of the season.
You wonder if Wenger is regretting letting Joel Campbell go on loan to Olympiakos this season, with the Costa Rica striker showing real promise in Greece.
Campbell was arguably the key player for Olympiakos as they beat PAOK on Sunday, notching two assists and the final goal (which can be seen on the video below).
And, whilst the on-loan Arsenal striker has just scored three goals for Olympiakos he has bagged a number of assists in 2013/2014 – including four in one game.
As Gunnerblog points out, Joel Campbell qualified for a UK work permit this summer and surely Arsenal would have been better off to play the Costa Rica youngster rather than a dissatisfied and unfit Nicklas Bendtner.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...