Better than Bendtner? On loan Arsenal striker Joel Campbell scores again for Olympiakos [video]
- November 11, 2013
The arrival of Nicklas Bendtner on 78 minutes at Old Trafford on Sunday was greeted by moans and groans from Arsenal fans across the planet.
Just a day after the Danish striker had hit out at the club that pay his wages, Arsene Wenger desperately threw on a sub par striker to help Olivier Giroud in one of the biggest games of the season.
You wonder if Wenger is regretting letting Joel Campbell go on loan to Olympiakos this season, with the Costa Rica striker showing real promise in Greece.
Campbell was arguably the key player for Olympiakos as they beat PAOK on Sunday, notching two assists and the final goal (which can be seen on the video below).
And, whilst the on-loan Arsenal striker has just scored three goals for Olympiakos he has bagged a number of assists in 2013/2014 – including four in one game.
As Gunnerblog points out, Joel Campbell qualified for a UK work permit this summer and surely Arsenal would have been better off to play the Costa Rica youngster rather than a dissatisfied and unfit Nicklas Bendtner.
- Arsenal to beat Man City in the race to sign teenager Ismael Bennacer [L’Equipe]
- Former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby signs for Marseille (BBC)
- An excellent comparison of Arsenal & Chelsea’s spending over the past 2 years
- Santi Cazorla and Francis Coquelin take part in Arsenal fan Q&A (Video)
- The best bits of Arsenal’s Emirates Cup displays in slow motion (video)
- Arsenal fans sing Happy Birthday to Mathieu Debuchy on Members Day (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi