Better than Bendtner? On loan Arsenal striker Joel Campbell scores again for Olympiakos [video]
The arrival of Nicklas Bendtner on 78 minutes at Old Trafford on Sunday was greeted by moans and groans from Arsenal fans across the planet.
Just a day after the Danish striker had hit out at the club that pay his wages, Arsene Wenger desperately threw on a sub par striker to help Olivier Giroud in one of the biggest games of the season.
You wonder if Wenger is regretting letting Joel Campbell go on loan to Olympiakos this season, with the Costa Rica striker showing real promise in Greece.
Campbell was arguably the key player for Olympiakos as they beat PAOK on Sunday, notching two assists and the final goal (which can be seen on the video below).
And, whilst the on-loan Arsenal striker has just scored three goals for Olympiakos he has bagged a number of assists in 2013/2014 – including four in one game.
As Gunnerblog points out, Joel Campbell qualified for a UK work permit this summer and surely Arsenal would have been better off to play the Costa Rica youngster rather than a dissatisfied and unfit Nicklas Bendtner.
- Danny Welbeck took over Arsenal’s Snapchat & spoke to tons of players (Video)
- Rio Ferdinand calls Mesut Ozil an artist after Arsenal win over Dinamo Zagreb (Video)
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Joel Campbell’s wonderful pass teed up Alexis Sanchez to score v Dinamo Zagreb (Official Vi...
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell wanted by clubs in Turkey including Fenerbahce [talkSport]
- Mesut Ozil & Joel Campbell earn rave reviews after Swansea 0 – Arsenal 3 [Tweets]
- Joel Campbell Starts: Swansea v Arsenal [Team Sheets]
- Bookies offer giant odds for Sweden v Denmark Euro 2016 playoff [Promo]
- Brilliant: Lord Bendtner’s official movie trailer, follow on from the Ronaldo movie (Video)
- Swedes Aftonbladet troll Arsenal old boy Nicklas Bendtner using the people of Wolfsburg (Video)
- Arsenal flop Nicklas Bendtner scored a blatant offside goal for Wolfsburg (Video)