Best Tweets as United Old Boy Mame Biram Diouf takes Stoke to 1-0 win at Manchester City!
- August 30, 2014
— Richard Swarbrick (@RikkiLeaks) August 30, 2014
Well, well, well!
What started as another bad day for Man United fans has turned into a great one, with their former striker Mame Biram Diouf scoring the winner for Stoke against United rivals Manchester City.
And what a goal it was!
The 50 Cent lookalike picked the ball up on the halfway line, nutmegged Vincent Kompany, and finished past Joe Hart, who should have done better, beaten at his near post.
Credit to Mark Hughes: said and done: he said he was coming to City to win, and that’s exactly what his team have done.
They rode their luck, though, as they were very lucky not to concede a penalty late on, Yaya Toure wrongly booked for diving.
United fans are now hailing Diouf as a United legend – en passant, he’s a quality player, and he never really got a fair chance at Old Trafford.
At the risk of stating the obvious, #mcfc have missed Pablo Zabaleta today.
— Mike Keegan (@mikekeeganbbc) August 30, 2014
87) Yaya Toure is booked for simulation inside the area.
— Stoke City FC (@stokecity) August 30, 2014
Diouf is a true United legend for that goal. Lol. Had Kompany looking like Evans.
— mobbdeen (@Deen8) August 30, 2014
MAME BIRAM DIOUF UNITED LEGEND
— John Bender (@danesayer) August 30, 2014
That is the Mame Diouf, Manchester United must have seen. What an outstanding individual effort. Magnificent pace.
— Chris Winterburn (@Chriswin4) August 30, 2014
Mame Biram Diouf: Scored with his first shot on target in the Premier League this season
— WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) August 30, 2014
Wow! Blatant Manchester City penalty turned down. Toure wrongly accused of diving. Mind you, Stoke should've had one in the first half.
— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) August 30, 2014
Mark Hughes on Thursday: 'We're going to Man City for the win' http://t.co/c0jnXtvA5I
— 101 Great Goals (@102greatgoals) August 30, 2014
It was a definite penalty on toure , toure wrongly booked ! Terrible decision by referee
— Robbie Savage (@RobbieSavage8) August 30, 2014
- AS Roma set to sign Edin Dzeko from Manchester City in £14m deal (Tweets)
- Wrexham FC produce awesome Mortal Kombat themed video in Javan Vidal tribute (Video)
- Man City agree to sell Edin Dzeko to Roma for €23m [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Ex-Chelsea & Man City midfielder Frank Lampard makes his MLS debut (Videos)
- Stuttgart blitz Man City in 1st half; Pellegrini’s side recover to lose 4-2 (Offi...
- Respect: Manchester City fan gets United tattoo for charity
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi