- Chelsea’s Jose Mourinho explains how his wife convinced him not to take the England job [Video]
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho tells brilliant new story about Liverpool’s Mario Balotelli [Video]
- Andre Schurrle rules out speculation linking him with a move away from Chelsea
- Man United star Juan Mata praises Radamel Falcao & Real Madrid in latest blog post
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers says performance v Arsenal was better than 5-1 win last year [Video]
Best Tweets as Spurs’ Roberto Soldado ends his 1,032 minute open-play goal drought v Cardiff
Soldado scores from open play… Is this real life?
— TweetChelseaFC (@TweetChelseaFC) March 2, 2014
It was the Spurs striker’s first since October, a cruelly long drought for a Spanish international, and one he’ll be hoping to never repeat even by half.
Naturally, Twitter was agog with Bobby Soldier’s rarefied non-penalty goal, and had there were some funny reactions to the historic, drought-ending goal.
Soldado scores from open play! The open top bus parade sets off from White Hart Lane at 11am tomorrow.
— Phil Wall (@AngryOfN5) March 2, 2014
You know a team is shit when Soldado scores against them
— tymek (@tim_329) March 2, 2014
He scores when he wants!!! #soldado
— michael crouch (@Crouchy9781) March 2, 2014
— Liam Smith (@liamlmessi) March 2, 2014
Think my phones bust…just checking footy scores and it says soldado scored?! #bollocks
— Daniel parkinson (@Parky_imp) March 2, 2014
You know it ain’t your week when Soldado scores for open play
— Jay (@JayPatelAfc) March 2, 2014
— Giroud (@donlesky) March 2, 2014
- Updated: March 2, 2014