Best Tweets as Spurs’ Roberto Soldado ends his 1,032 minute open-play goal drought v Cardiff
Soldado scores from open play… Is this real life?
— TweetChelseaFC (@TweetChelseaFC) March 2, 2014
It was the Spurs striker’s first since October, a cruelly long drought for a Spanish international, and one he’ll be hoping to never repeat even by half.
Naturally, Twitter was agog with Bobby Soldier’s rarefied non-penalty goal, and had there were some funny reactions to the historic, drought-ending goal.
Soldado scores from open play! The open top bus parade sets off from White Hart Lane at 11am tomorrow.
— Phil Wall (@AngryOfN5) March 2, 2014
You know a team is shit when Soldado scores against them
— tymek (@tim_329) March 2, 2014
He scores when he wants!!! #soldado
— michael crouch (@Crouchy9781) March 2, 2014
— Liam Smith (@liamlmessi) March 2, 2014
Think my phones bust…just checking footy scores and it says soldado scored?! #bollocks
— Daniel parkinson (@Parky_imp) March 2, 2014
You know it ain’t your week when Soldado scores for open play
— Jay (@JayPatelAfc) March 2, 2014
— Giroud (@donlesky) March 2, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Roberto Soldao damages cruciate ligament. Villarreal striker out for 6 monthsAugust 10, 2016
- Roberto Soldado destroyed after Roberto Firmino roulette [Video & Tweets]May 6, 2016
- The Times reveal LVG’s salary & bonus structure at Man UnitedMay 6, 2016
- Soldado: I always knew Harry Kane would develop into a top playerApril 28, 2016
- Manchester United v Tottenham [Team sheets]December 11, 2016
- Key Man United figures outed as preferring Mauricio Pochettino to Jose MourinhoDecember 11, 2016
- Eric Dier says he was just joking with Ander Herrera pre Man United v Spurs [Guardian]December 11, 2016
- I guess they’re good: Zlatan puts down Kane & Spurs pre Man United clashDecember 11, 2016