- A sinister Bruce Grobelaar says Simon Mignolet is Liverpool’s problem: ‘He let in 52 goals!’
- Frank Lampard post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘It was a special night, but we’re not there yet’ [Video]
- Brilliant! BVB coach Jurgen Klopp laughs hysterically to the bemusement of journos [Video]
- Gallas? John Terry post Schalke 0 – Chelsea 5: ‘William’ [sic] was different class’ [Video]
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho post-Schalke: ‘Winning 5-0 in Germany is not normal’ [Video]
Best tweets as Man City’s unbelievable home record ended by Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea
Manchester City last failed to score at home in 2010 and last defeat at home came in 2012.
Jose Mourinho brought a magnificent display out of his Chelsea side to bag a 1-0 away win at the Etihad.
Branislav Ivanovic scored the winning goal in the first half, in a match where Chelsea dominated.
Twitter was shocked at the result and offered some interesting viewpoints:
61 – Manchester City’s run of scoring in consecutive PL home games ends at 61, five short of Man Utd’s record. Halt.
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) February 3, 2014
Great win for Chelsea. hazard and Matic outstanding. City disappointing. Sets up rest of season beautifully for title race
— Oliver Holt (@OllieHolt22) February 3, 2014
Manchester City’s home form this season in the Premier League before Chelsea’s 1-0 triumph at the Etihad tonight: pic.twitter.com/Wi9Hbx0Yiy
— Bleacher Report UK (@br_uk) February 3, 2014
Suddenly City’s +40 goal difference worth about as much as your nan’s Royal Wedding Commemorative dinner plate.
— Danny Baker (@prodnose) February 3, 2014
Jose Mourinho is still the special one.
— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) February 3, 2014
Counter-attacking master class from Chelsea. Mourinho’s tactics were superb. That’s why he’s the best manager in the league.
— Richard Jolly (@RichJolly) February 3, 2014
Saw a team reborn tonight. Immense. Controlling. Special. Chelsea re-cast in the image of Jose, Mk 2. This could be one hell of a side.
— Dan Levene (@BluesChronicle) February 3, 2014
Chelsea with 6 shots on target, hit the woodwork 3 times. Won convincingly too. Media before the game: ‘ Chelsea to park the bus’.
— Dami (@TheChelseaWay) February 3, 2014
A City fan with a message for Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho pic.twitter.com/XdznPkIjIA
— Funny Football (@FunnyFootballll) February 3, 2014
- Updated: February 3, 2014