- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Besiktas v Galatasaray abandoned as 100s of fans riot and storm the pitch
Depressing scenes forced Besiktas’ match with Galatasaray to be abandoned in the final moments of the game on Sunday night in Turkey.
The trouble spun out of control when hundreds of fans rushed on to the field after Galatasaray midfielder Felipe Melo was sent off in injury time in the Istanbul derby.
Galatasaray were 2-1 up at the time of the riot after Didier Drogba had scored a brace for the visitors.
After the players were chased off the pitch to seek refuge in the dressing rooms, fans of rival clubs Besiktas and Galatasaray turned the pitch into a scene of carnage.
During the melee Felipe Melo was hit by a bottle thrown by a fan, while the supporters fought using chairs and other weapons to help built the crap out of each other.
Watch video of the shocking violence at Besiktas v Galatasaray sparked by Felipe Melo’s red card below.
- Updated: September 23, 2013