Besiktas v Galatasaray abandoned as 100s of fans riot and storm the pitch
- September 23, 2013
Depressing scenes forced Besiktas’ match with Galatasaray to be abandoned in the final moments of the game on Sunday night in Turkey.
The trouble spun out of control when hundreds of fans rushed on to the field after Galatasaray midfielder Felipe Melo was sent off in injury time in the Istanbul derby.
Galatasaray were 2-1 up at the time of the riot after Didier Drogba had scored a brace for the visitors.
After the players were chased off the pitch to seek refuge in the dressing rooms, fans of rival clubs Besiktas and Galatasaray turned the pitch into a scene of carnage.
During the melee Felipe Melo was hit by a bottle thrown by a fan, while the supporters fought using chairs and other weapons to help built the crap out of each other.
Watch video of the shocking violence at Besiktas v Galatasaray sparked by Felipe Melo’s red card below.
- Demba Ba signs for Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua in record-breaking transfer
- Besiktas fans and Slaven Bilic share brilliant farewell song [Video]
- Chelsea’s Petr Cech in talks with Besiktas over summer move, confirms players agent
- Fenerbahce v Besiktas: Watch a Live Stream of the Super Lig match – available in the UK
- Former Real Madrid & Everton winger Royston Drenthe scores awesome free-kick [vine]
- Awesome video emerges of Besiktas ballboy celebrating penalty shoot-out win over Liverpool
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi