Besiktas v Galatasaray abandoned as 100s of fans riot and storm the pitch
Depressing scenes forced Besiktas’ match with Galatasaray to be abandoned in the final moments of the game on Sunday night in Turkey.
The trouble spun out of control when hundreds of fans rushed on to the field after Galatasaray midfielder Felipe Melo was sent off in injury time in the Istanbul derby.
Galatasaray were 2-1 up at the time of the riot after Didier Drogba had scored a brace for the visitors.
After the players were chased off the pitch to seek refuge in the dressing rooms, fans of rival clubs Besiktas and Galatasaray turned the pitch into a scene of carnage.
During the melee Felipe Melo was hit by a bottle thrown by a fan, while the supporters fought using chairs and other weapons to help built the crap out of each other.
Watch video of the shocking violence at Besiktas v Galatasaray sparked by Felipe Melo’s red card below.
Watch Live Stream
- Anderson Talisca’s wife Anna Paula Ramos reveals racist abuse from Benfica fansSeptember 14, 2016
- Ricardo Quaresma and Besiktas were ecstatic to get Benfica in the UCL draw [Instagram]August 26, 2016
- Besiktas boss insists he doesn’t like Liverpool striker Mario BalotelliJuly 31, 2016
- Besiktas release statement denying any interest in Liverpool’s Mario BalotelliJuly 27, 2016
- Mustafa Kapi posts lengthy message on Instagram after playing for Galatasaray at 14October 9, 2016
- 14-year-old Mustafa Kapi makes his Galatasaray senior team debut v Levski Sofia (Video)October 8, 2016
- Galatasaray goalie Fernando Muslera dribbles around Samuel Eto’o in Antalyaspor half (Video)October 5, 2016
- Lukas Podolski reveals where Bastian Schweinsteiger is headed after Man United [Bild]September 25, 2016