Bernard Parker scored an own goal golazo to end Bafana Bafana’s 2014 World Cup dream
- June 17, 2013
The 2010 World Cup hosts won’t be at Brazil in 2014. Almost certainly.
South Africa’s mundial dream came to a close on Sunday in Ethiopia as Bafana Bafana slumped to a 2-1 defeat in Addis Ababa.
The Rainbow Nation took a 33rd minute lead through Bernard Parker, but the advantage was short lived as Getaneh Kebede equalised ten minutes later.
Bernard Parker’s day turned sour in the 70th minute when the Kaizer Chiefs striker scored a freak own goal, heading a free-kick into his own net from the edge of the box to end Bafana Banafa’s World Cup dream.
South Africa do, though, have a small chance of reviving their Brazil 2014 dream.
After the match FIFA opened an investigation into the Ethiopian Football Association after they allegedly fielded an ineligible player earlier in the competition. It is claimed that Walia Antelopes midfielder Manyahile Beyene should have sat out their away game in Botswana after receiving yellow cards in previous matches away to South Africa and against Botswana at home.
Watch Bernard Parker’s amazing own goal golazo below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...