- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Bernard confirms Atletico Mineiro exit, Porto the favourites as Spurs pull out [Globoesporte]
Last month it seemed as if Atletico Mineiro playmaker Bernard was on Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas’ wishlist.
A report in Globoesporte now suggests Spurs have pulled out the race for Bernard after signing Paulinho from Corinthians.
Bernard was overhead in Atletico Mineiro training telling a team mate that he will be leaving Brazil after the club’s Copa Libertadores campaign finishes.
With Atletico Mineiro 2-0 down from the semi-final first leg at Newell’s it could be as early as later this week and Bernard is unlikely to every play again in Brazil’s Campeonato Brasileiro before heading to Europe.
Porto remain the most likely option, but Borussia Dortmund and Tottenham made enquiries earlier this summer.
Globoesporte suggest Porto are in the driving seat to seal a deal for 20 million euros but Spurs have “pulled out after signing Paulinho.”
Various other press reports in Brazil and Portugal suggest Bernard will play next season for Porto. The Portuguese side are flush with cash after selling Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez to Monaco earlier in the summer.
- Updated: July 7, 2013