Bent it like…. Stephen Warnock! Leeds defender scores a mental 40-yard free-kick thanks to awful weather v Yeovil
Leeds defender Stephen Warnock scored a banana-esque free-kick on Saturday in a 2-1 win away at Yeovil.
With terrible weather pounding Britain over the weekend, the 32-year-old left back used the awful elements to his advantage as used the blustery conditions to his favour.
Accordingly, facing a free-kick from far out, Warnock managed to sling the ball high in the air before it swirled over Yeovil goalkeeper Marek Stech and into the net from 40-yards out.
Warnock’s celebration was also excellent.
Enjoy Stephen Warnock’s bizarre free-kick winner for Leeds at Yeovil below.
Watch Live Stream
- Jurgen Klopp praises Ben Woodburn & says he is developing quicker than others (Video)November 29, 2016
- Ben Woodburn becomes Liverpool’s youngest ever goalscorer in 2-0 win over Leeds (Video)November 29, 2016
- Liverpool youngster Trent Alexander-Arnold bags sublime assist for Divock Origi v Leeds (Video)November 29, 2016
- #ForcaChape – Liverpool FC pay touching tribute to plane crash victims ahead of Leeds match (Video)November 29, 2016
- Diego Costa jokingly throws a punch at Chelsea physio during 1-0 win over Man United [Pics & Vine]April 20, 2015
- Celta Vigo striker Joaquín Larrivey booked for the worst dive ever v Eibar [GIF]April 20, 2015
- WTF! Hilarious own goal from Greek League match after ball hits both posts [Video]October 29, 2014
- Harry Redknapp says QPR’s Sandro injured his knee celebrating a goal in training [Best tweets]September 23, 2014