Benoit Assou Ekotto tells Spurs fan AVB has excluded him from 1st team training
- August 18, 2013
A Tweet from a Spurs fan in France has confirmed that Benoit Assou Ekotto looks set to play very little part under Andre Villas-Boas this season and will likely leave White Hart Lane this summer.
The Cameroon full back has not played for Tottenham in pre-season and has fallen behind Danny Rose in the first team pecking order.
With Fabio Coentrao constantly linked with Spurs, regardless of whether Gareth Bale leaves for Real Madrid, and Jan Vertonghen back in the squad for today’s game against Crystal Palace, it looks like BAE is being moved along by AVB.
A crowd favourite at Spurs and despite his nonchalant attitude and displays, a fine player on his day, Assou-Ekotto’s likely exit will be a frustration for some of the Tottenham faithful.
— Calum (@calumhdavidson) August 17, 2013
- Spurs flop Roberto Soldado to sign for Villarreal in €17m move this week [AS]
- Vlad Chiricheș starts training with Napoli following move from Spurs
- Tottenham have €10million bid for striker Clinton N’Jie rejected, Lyon want €20mi...
- Tottenham Hotspur are to open talks with Stuttgart for striker Timo Werner [Telegraph]
- Judas: Spurs fan responds to Sol Campbell’s quote that Arsenal were better in eve...
- Watch Dele Alli impress for Tottenham v MLS All Stars (Individual highlights)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi