Benfica’s Rodrigo scores 4 (including a 5-minute hat-trick) as Spain Under-21s trounce Denmark
- October 12, 2012
If you don’t already know Spain Under-21 striker Rodrigo… remember the name!
Thursday night saw Rodrigo produce another goal scoring master class as Spain all but booked their place at Israel 2013 with four goals in a 5-0 first-leg play-off win over Denmark.
In truth, backed by the likes of Iker Muniain, Asier Illarramendi, Cristian Tello and Isco, it wouldn’t be too hard to score goals for Spain’s Under-21 side but Rodrigo’s recent record is incredible.
The Benfica forward now has 11 goals in his last nine Spain Under-21 appearances, including hat-tricks against Georgia and Estonia. He is also banging them in at club level, with a record of four goals in six matches for Benfica.
Real Madrid will be kicking themselves that they gave up on their buy-back clause for Rodrigo when they signed Fabio Coentrao from Benfica.
Enjoy Rodrigo’s clinical four-goal haul v Denmark, including a first-half 5-minute hat-trick on this video:
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”243975″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi