Benfica v Sporting postponed after pieces of roof padding fall from the stadium onto the pitch [Vine]
- February 9, 2014
With strong winds in Portugal this evening, the start of Benfica v Sporting had to be delayed in bizarre circumstances.
The Estádio da Luz is due to the host the Champions League final this summer.
After 30 minutes of waiting, 60,000 fans were sent home as the match was postponed.
The stadium was literally falling apart. Very bizarre.
Official: Benfica vs Sporting postponed! Over 60.000 people came for nothing, due to heavy wind blowing garbage/cladding at the pitch.
— Jan Hagen (@PortuBall) February 9, 2014
Benfica v Sporting game called off due to pieces of the roof padding falling onto the pitch. You couldn't make it up!
— Stuart Duffy (@DuffySCFC) February 9, 2014
- Benfica fan asks Man United target Nico Gaitan to stay at the club. He replies “w...
- Hero: Luisao stopped the Benfica team bus to give an 11 year old fan his shirt [Instagram]
- Benfica 2 – PSG 3: Goals from Lucas Moura & Lucas Digne sealed the Parisians...
- Benfica v PSG: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Rafael’s agent confirms Man United & Benfica are negotiating over Nico Gaita...
- Man United restart talks with Benfica for Nico Gaitan. Offer cash plus Chicharito [A Bola]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi