Benfica v Sporting postponed after pieces of roof padding fall from the stadium onto the pitch [Vine]
- February 9, 2014
With strong winds in Portugal this evening, the start of Benfica v Sporting had to be delayed in bizarre circumstances.
The Estádio da Luz is due to the host the Champions League final this summer.
After 30 minutes of waiting, 60,000 fans were sent home as the match was postponed.
The stadium was literally falling apart. Very bizarre.
Official: Benfica vs Sporting postponed! Over 60.000 people came for nothing, due to heavy wind blowing garbage/cladding at the pitch.
— Jan Hagen (@PortuBall) February 9, 2014
Benfica v Sporting game called off due to pieces of the roof padding falling onto the pitch. You couldn't make it up!
— Stuart Duffy (@DuffySCFC) February 9, 2014
- Liverpool fans aren’t happy with reports Lazar Markovic may be going back to Benf...
- Manchester United agree terms with Benfica midfielder Nicolas Gaitan [Sky Italia]
- Shocking: Benfica boss Jorge Jesus is taking over at Sporting Lisbon [Portuguese Papers...
- Man United to seal Nico Gaitan’s signing from Benfica by selling Angel di Maria [...
- Man United may offload Nani to Benfica in the deal to sign Nico Gaitan [Sapo]
- Man United fans joke about signing Nico Gaitan again [Best Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi