- Cheeky! Porta [Independiente] knocks the ball past keeper, stops it on the line and backheels it in [Video]
- Nabil Bentaleb’s first Spurs goal came courtesy of a fumble from Newcastle keeper Jak Alnwick [Video]
- Openly gay footballer Robbie Rogers speaks about overwhelming support after coming out [Video]
- Crystal Palace have opportunity to sign out-of-favour AC Milan striker Giampaolo Pazzini [Standard]
- Five of the best AC Milan moments at AS Roma, featuring Ibrahimovic, Shevchenko and a Scudetto win [Video]
Benfica v Sporting postponed after pieces of roof padding fall from the stadium onto the pitch [Vine]
With strong winds in Portugal this evening, the start of Benfica v Sporting had to be delayed in bizarre circumstances.
The Estádio da Luz is due to the host the Champions League final this summer.
After 30 minutes of waiting, 60,000 fans were sent home as the match was postponed.
The stadium was literally falling apart. Very bizarre.
Official: Benfica vs Sporting postponed! Over 60.000 people came for nothing, due to heavy wind blowing garbage/cladding at the pitch.
— Jan Hagen (@PortuBall) February 9, 2014
Benfica v Sporting game called off due to pieces of the roof padding falling onto the pitch. You couldn't make it up!
— Stuart Duffy (@DuffySCFC) February 9, 2014
- Updated: February 9, 2014