Bend it like… Liran Cohen? An amazing free-kick winner for Podbeskidzie v Zaglebie Lubin
- November 5, 2012
At the wrong end of the Polish top flight over the weekend, Podbeskidzie won a crucial six-pointer at fellow strugglers Zaglebie Lubin which took the visitors out of the bottom two with their first win of the season.
Podbeskidzie’s victory came courtesy of a terrific free-kick from Israeli Liran Cohen in the 89th minute.
With the Podbeskidzie centre-backs patrolling the Lubin box ahead of a last gasp set-play, Cohen was given the responsibility to deliver a beauty into the mixer from 30-yards out. Only the Israeli had other plans.
Spotting the Zaglebie keeper acting already committed to dealing with the presumed cross into the area, Cohen chose to bend a free-kick into the near post and try his luck.
His effort was sublime, and Podbeskidzie picked up a massive three points in their survival quest.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”255796″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...