Bend it like… Liran Cohen? An amazing free-kick winner for Podbeskidzie v Zaglebie Lubin
- November 5, 2012
At the wrong end of the Polish top flight over the weekend, Podbeskidzie won a crucial six-pointer at fellow strugglers Zaglebie Lubin which took the visitors out of the bottom two with their first win of the season.
Podbeskidzie’s victory came courtesy of a terrific free-kick from Israeli Liran Cohen in the 89th minute.
With the Podbeskidzie centre-backs patrolling the Lubin box ahead of a last gasp set-play, Cohen was given the responsibility to deliver a beauty into the mixer from 30-yards out. Only the Israeli had other plans.
Spotting the Zaglebie keeper acting already committed to dealing with the presumed cross into the area, Cohen chose to bend a free-kick into the near post and try his luck.
His effort was sublime, and Podbeskidzie picked up a massive three points in their survival quest.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”255796″]
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...