- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Bend it like… Liran Cohen? An amazing free-kick winner for Podbeskidzie v Zaglebie Lubin
At the wrong end of the Polish top flight over the weekend, Podbeskidzie won a crucial six-pointer at fellow strugglers Zaglebie Lubin which took the visitors out of the bottom two with their first win of the season.
Podbeskidzie’s victory came courtesy of a terrific free-kick from Israeli Liran Cohen in the 89th minute.
With the Podbeskidzie centre-backs patrolling the Lubin box ahead of a last gasp set-play, Cohen was given the responsibility to deliver a beauty into the mixer from 30-yards out. Only the Israeli had other plans.
Spotting the Zaglebie keeper acting already committed to dealing with the presumed cross into the area, Cohen chose to bend a free-kick into the near post and try his luck.
His effort was sublime, and Podbeskidzie picked up a massive three points in their survival quest.
- Updated: November 5, 2012