Bend it like… Liran Cohen? An amazing free-kick winner for Podbeskidzie v Zaglebie Lubin
- November 5, 2012
At the wrong end of the Polish top flight over the weekend, Podbeskidzie won a crucial six-pointer at fellow strugglers Zaglebie Lubin which took the visitors out of the bottom two with their first win of the season.
Podbeskidzie’s victory came courtesy of a terrific free-kick from Israeli Liran Cohen in the 89th minute.
With the Podbeskidzie centre-backs patrolling the Lubin box ahead of a last gasp set-play, Cohen was given the responsibility to deliver a beauty into the mixer from 30-yards out. Only the Israeli had other plans.
Spotting the Zaglebie keeper acting already committed to dealing with the presumed cross into the area, Cohen chose to bend a free-kick into the near post and try his luck.
His effort was sublime, and Podbeskidzie picked up a massive three points in their survival quest.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”255796″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi