- Lithuanian futsal player Ervins Krainis scores fantastic overhead kick [Video]
- Arsenal players get followed around by Christmas carolers singing football chants in brilliant BT advert
- Louis van Gaal: Sir Alex Ferguson said winning was enough but it’s not, performances matter [Video]
- Barcelona celebrate Eric Abidal’s finest moments at the club in tribute video
- Eric Abidal scored two goals for Barcelona, one of which came in El Clasico [Video]
St Liege hitman Michy Batshuayi says he wants England or Germany move & Arsenal is his favourite team [RTBF]
Standard Liege’s hot property striker Michy Batshuayi appeared on Belgium TV on Monday night and the forward stated his desire to move to Arsenal this summer.
Batshuayi, who leads the goalscorer charts in the Jupiler League and looks nailed on to leave Liege when the season closes despite the fact he has a contract with Standard until 2018, said:
Unfortunately I do not think I’ll stay (at Standard past the summer). Many things can happen but I am someone who has ambitions. I want to progress as quickly as possible. I’ll make a choice with my agents and my family. I must consider my choices carefully.
I have not yet signed anywhere yet.
I am interested in the German and English championships. They are physical and technical championships.
Personally, I like Arsenal. There is a good philosophy at the club where trust is given to young players. This is a very technical team playing good football, and since I was little this was a team who I liked.
Links between 20-year-old Michy Batshuayi and Arsenal are not new. Back in January 2014 Liege’s President Roland Duchâtelet explicitly named Arsene Wenger’s team as chasing the prolific Batshuayi.
Arsenal scout Gilles Grimandi, who is responsible for recruitment in the French and Belgian market, personally scouted Batshuayi back in September, however reports claim that more than 20 clubs from various sides have since looked at the Belgium U21 striker since.
Swansea had a three million euro bid for the striker rejected in the summer, while Everton have also been linked with the forward.
Batshuayi has scored 18 goals in the Jupiler League this season.
- Updated: March 18, 2014