St Liege hitman Michy Batshuayi says he wants England or Germany move & Arsenal is his favourite team [RTBF]
Standard Liege’s hot property striker Michy Batshuayi appeared on Belgium TV on Monday night and the forward stated his desire to move to Arsenal this summer.
Batshuayi, who leads the goalscorer charts in the Jupiler League and looks nailed on to leave Liege when the season closes despite the fact he has a contract with Standard until 2018, said:
Unfortunately I do not think I’ll stay (at Standard past the summer). Many things can happen but I am someone who has ambitions. I want to progress as quickly as possible. I’ll make a choice with my agents and my family. I must consider my choices carefully.
I have not yet signed anywhere yet.
I am interested in the German and English championships. They are physical and technical championships.
Personally, I like Arsenal. There is a good philosophy at the club where trust is given to young players. This is a very technical team playing good football, and since I was little this was a team who I liked.
Links between 20-year-old Michy Batshuayi and Arsenal are not new. Back in January 2014 Liege’s President Roland Duchâtelet explicitly named Arsene Wenger’s team as chasing the prolific Batshuayi.
Arsenal scout Gilles Grimandi, who is responsible for recruitment in the French and Belgian market, personally scouted Batshuayi back in September, however reports claim that more than 20 clubs from various sides have since looked at the Belgium U21 striker since.
Swansea had a three million euro bid for the striker rejected in the summer, while Everton have also been linked with the forward.
Batshuayi has scored 18 goals in the Jupiler League this season.
- Fan calls for ex-Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro to solve Gunners injury problems (Arsenal Fan TV Video)
- CL round-up video: Alexis Sanchez skills for Arsenal & Willian free-kick for Chelsea
- Arsene Wenger invites a journalist on a night out to see how he spends money, cue the jokes [Tweets]
- Photoshopper turns Alexis Sanchez into Christ the Redeemer after his crazy neck skill v Zagreb [P...
- Genk’s Christian Kabasele responded to racist chants with a monkey goal celebration v Stand...
- Steven Defour (Anderlecht) hilarious roulette fail against former club Standard [Video]
- Golazo: Anderlecht wunderkid Youri Tielemans scores cracker v Standard Liege [Video]
- A match-fixing investigation may start after Standard v Heerenveen has 4 super soft penalties [Vi...