Behind the scenes of the new Arsenal away kit ads
- August 3, 2008
Arguably the most poignant new kit to be released by any Premier League side this summer is the new Arsenal away kit. Not only is it aesthetically pleasing but it marks twenty years since Arsenal claimed the title on the most dramatic final game possible – if a similar scenario took place now, the Sky publicity would go into overdrive.
Nike, as ever, have launched a major viral campaign titled “Become Legends,” featuring the heroes of Anfield ’89, goal scorers Alan Smith and Michael Thomas as well as Steve Bould and Paul Merson. Brian Moore’s famous line < "It's up for grabs now" also gets pride of place in the ads. One of six ads for the campaign can be seen here.
The four Gunners heroes of 1989 were also pictured with many of the current squad for the campaign for the new shirt (pictured) and a behind the scenes look at this can be seen here.
A video recapping that famous night at Anfield can be seen here and the scene from Fever Pitch where Nick Hornby watches his team win the title can be seen here.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...