Behind the scenes of the new Arsenal away kit ads
- August 3, 2008
Arguably the most poignant new kit to be released by any Premier League side this summer is the new Arsenal away kit. Not only is it aesthetically pleasing but it marks twenty years since Arsenal claimed the title on the most dramatic final game possible – if a similar scenario took place now, the Sky publicity would go into overdrive.
Nike, as ever, have launched a major viral campaign titled “Become Legends,” featuring the heroes of Anfield ’89, goal scorers Alan Smith and Michael Thomas as well as Steve Bould and Paul Merson. Brian Moore’s famous line < "It's up for grabs now" also gets pride of place in the ads. One of six ads for the campaign can be seen here.
The four Gunners heroes of 1989 were also pictured with many of the current squad for the campaign for the new shirt (pictured) and a behind the scenes look at this can be seen here.
A video recapping that famous night at Anfield can be seen here and the scene from Fever Pitch where Nick Hornby watches his team win the title can be seen here.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi