Beckenbauer: ‘If Reus doesn’t come to Bayern, he’ll probably go to Real Madrid or Man United’ [Bild]
- August 18, 2014
Lobbying amongst the big wigs in German football is a key part of Bundesliga culture; unlike in most other countries, where club owners/presidents shy away from discussing other teams’ players, in Germany it’s par for the course. particularly at omnipotent Bayern.
Bayern President Franz ‘Kaiser’ Beckenbauer has given a classically candid interview with Bild, brazenly discussing Bayern’s designs on signing Marco Reus, which is sure to rile Borussia Dortmund, who’ve had it up to here with Bayern’s shark tactics.
‘I can imagine him (Reus) at Bayern very well.
“If you can get a player of his class, you need to try it.
If he doesn’t go to Bayern in 2015, he will probably go to another big club like Real Madrid or Manchester United.
“Dortmund will probably not be able to hold on to him. I can understand why Dortmund don’t like discussion about Reus.”
Then why are you discussing him, Kaiser?!
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]