BBC remove “controversial Liverpool striker Luis Suarez” from Spain-Uruguay description
- June 17, 2013
Now this is a strange one but with the picture evidence below, it is fair to say Liverpool fans are now always just paranoid about how the press treat Luis Suarez.
At the start of the Confederations Cup game between Uruguay and Spain on Sunday night, the BBC description of the match included: “controversial Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.”
This was later removed, close to half-time, with the majority of the description, taken up by Spain being described as “World and European champions.”
Was the Luis Suarez part moved due to complaints from Liverpool fans?
Or is there another reason behind this description change?
(Via Liverpool Reddit.)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...