- Juventus ease to 3-1 win at Cagliari [Highlights]
- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
BBC remove “controversial Liverpool striker Luis Suarez” from Spain-Uruguay description
Now this is a strange one but with the picture evidence below, it is fair to say Liverpool fans are now always just paranoid about how the press treat Luis Suarez.
At the start of the Confederations Cup game between Uruguay and Spain on Sunday night, the BBC description of the match included: “controversial Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.”
This was later removed, close to half-time, with the majority of the description, taken up by Spain being described as “World and European champions.”
Was the Luis Suarez part moved due to complaints from Liverpool fans?
Or is there another reason behind this description change?
(Via Liverpool Reddit.)
- Updated: June 17, 2013