BBC remove “controversial Liverpool striker Luis Suarez” from Spain-Uruguay description
- June 17, 2013
Now this is a strange one but with the picture evidence below, it is fair to say Liverpool fans are now always just paranoid about how the press treat Luis Suarez.
At the start of the Confederations Cup game between Uruguay and Spain on Sunday night, the BBC description of the match included: “controversial Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.”
This was later removed, close to half-time, with the majority of the description, taken up by Spain being described as “World and European champions.”
Was the Luis Suarez part moved due to complaints from Liverpool fans?
Or is there another reason behind this description change?
(Via Liverpool Reddit.)
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]