BBC journalist confirms Joel Campbell is set to compete for Arsenal first team place this season
- July 2, 2014
— David Ornstein (@bbcsport_david) July 2, 2014
According to BBC journalist David Ornstein, Joel Campbell will finally be given an opportunity to shine at Arsenal this season and compete for a first team place.
Campbell signed for Arsenal back in 2011 and has been out on loan since, initially being denied a work permit.
But the striker has impressed in the last year; producing the goods for Olympiakos and impressing in Costa Rica’s surprise World Cup run, scoring a goal in the win over Uruguay and tucking away a penalty in the shoot-out with Greece.
Now Campbell will be added to a Gunners strikeforce which many fans have cried out needs reinforcement. His presence in the squad would certainly improve the strength of the team.
- Aleksandar Mitrović’s pre-Arsenal interview is quite funny in retrospect (Video)
- Wenger post-Newcastle 0 – Arsenal 1: optimistic of making late transfer deal (Video)
- Arsenal fans react to Mesut Ozil’s knee injury, Koscielny’s return (Best Tw...
- Jeinny Lizarazo ‘explains’ Benzema saga to Arsenal fans (Video)
- Arsene Wenger wonders if he talks too much (Video)
- Miami Heat star Luol Deng hopes Arsenal sign Karim Benzema (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...