- Top 5 Spurs U-21 goalkeeper saves of 2014 [Video]
- Queretaro offered Ronaldinho a ridiculous £7.5m house to return, claim Mexican newspaper [Plans]
- Barcelona superstar Neymar stars in awkward Japanese advert [Video]
- Very funny! Top 5 Soccer Saturday moments of 2014 [Video]
- Chelsea and Man City have identical points records in 2014 [Graphic]
BBC journalist confirms Joel Campbell is set to compete for Arsenal first team place this season
— David Ornstein (@bbcsport_david) July 2, 2014
According to BBC journalist David Ornstein, Joel Campbell will finally be given an opportunity to shine at Arsenal this season and compete for a first team place.
Campbell signed for Arsenal back in 2011 and has been out on loan since, initially being denied a work permit.
But the striker has impressed in the last year; producing the goods for Olympiakos and impressing in Costa Rica’s surprise World Cup run, scoring a goal in the win over Uruguay and tucking away a penalty in the shoot-out with Greece.
Now Campbell will be added to a Gunners strikeforce which many fans have cried out needs reinforcement. His presence in the squad would certainly improve the strength of the team.
- Updated: July 2, 2014