BBC journalist confirms Joel Campbell is set to compete for Arsenal first team place this season
- July 2, 2014
— David Ornstein (@bbcsport_david) July 2, 2014
According to BBC journalist David Ornstein, Joel Campbell will finally be given an opportunity to shine at Arsenal this season and compete for a first team place.
Campbell signed for Arsenal back in 2011 and has been out on loan since, initially being denied a work permit.
But the striker has impressed in the last year; producing the goods for Olympiakos and impressing in Costa Rica’s surprise World Cup run, scoring a goal in the win over Uruguay and tucking away a penalty in the shoot-out with Greece.
Now Campbell will be added to a Gunners strikeforce which many fans have cried out needs reinforcement. His presence in the squad would certainly improve the strength of the team.
- No Sh*t Sherlock: Sky Sports rank Fergie 1st, Wenger 2nd in Best PL Manager study [Chart]
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil picks his Ultimate XI ft. 7 Real Madrid teammates & Ang...
- Ronald Koeman admits that Man United & Arsenal target Morgan Schneiderlin missed t...
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehman calls German midfielder Mesut Ozil mediocre [Sun]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi