BBC journalist confirms Joel Campbell is set to compete for Arsenal first team place this season
- July 2, 2014
— David Ornstein (@bbcsport_david) July 2, 2014
According to BBC journalist David Ornstein, Joel Campbell will finally be given an opportunity to shine at Arsenal this season and compete for a first team place.
Campbell signed for Arsenal back in 2011 and has been out on loan since, initially being denied a work permit.
But the striker has impressed in the last year; producing the goods for Olympiakos and impressing in Costa Rica’s surprise World Cup run, scoring a goal in the win over Uruguay and tucking away a penalty in the shoot-out with Greece.
Now Campbell will be added to a Gunners strikeforce which many fans have cried out needs reinforcement. His presence in the squad would certainly improve the strength of the team.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]