Bayern’s Thiago Alcantara suffers knee injury v Hoffenheim, ruled out of both legs v Manchester United
This is a huge blow for Bayern and Spain, but perhaps a glimmer of hope for Man United – not that an injury is ever good news.
Thiago Alcantara suffered a knee injury in Bayern’s draw with Hoffenheim today,with what could be a possible ACL tear.
Initial reports make it clear that Thiago will miss both quarter final legs against Man United, but that he may be able to recover for the semis (should they get there).
It’s also a massive blow for Thiago personally, as the chance to play the World Cup with Spain on ‘home’ soil in Brazil (his father is Brazilian) is a special and unique one, and the 1-2 month possible layoff greatly reduces his chances of making it in top condition.
— Bavarian FB Works (@BavarianFBWorks) March 29, 2014
- Man Utd target Thomas Müller (Bayern) admits he’s tempted by Premier League money
- Liverpool linked with Robert Lewandowski – the Twitter response is hilarious
- Bayern Munich boost as Franck Ribery starts running again (Video)
- Xabi Alonso is no longer the king of the long range golazo at Bayern Munich (Video)
- David De Gea refused to deny his Man United contract has £30 million release clause (Qu...
- Legendary Man United flop Bebe isn’t ruling out a return to the club (Quotes)
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson backs Wayne Rooney to find form (Quotes)
- Man United star Juan Mata says club must improve after recent wobble [Mirror]
- Thiago and Isco turned on the style during Spain’s win against Ukraine (Videos)
- Thiago Alcantara tweets beautiful message of support to his injured brother Rafinha
- Thiago Alcantara publishes full documentary on year out with injury at Bayern (Video)
- Bayern’s Xabi Alonso und Thiago Alcantara take a German class (Video)