Bayern’s Thiago Alcantara suffers knee injury v Hoffenheim, ruled out of both legs v Manchester United
This is a huge blow for Bayern and Spain, but perhaps a glimmer of hope for Man United – not that an injury is ever good news.
Thiago Alcantara suffered a knee injury in Bayern’s draw with Hoffenheim today,with what could be a possible ACL tear.
Initial reports make it clear that Thiago will miss both quarter final legs against Man United, but that he may be able to recover for the semis (should they get there).
It’s also a massive blow for Thiago personally, as the chance to play the World Cup with Spain on ‘home’ soil in Brazil (his father is Brazilian) is a special and unique one, and the 1-2 month possible layoff greatly reduces his chances of making it in top condition.
— Bavarian FB Works (@BavarianFBWorks) March 29, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Kevin-Prince Boateng hits out at German politician who made racist remarks about Jerome [Instagram]May 29th, 2016
- Pots revealed for next season’s CL group stage draw ft. Arsenal & Spurs in lower potsMay 29th, 2016
- Robert Lewandowski’s agent confirms Real Madrid talks to Der SpiegelMay 28th, 2016
- Philipp Lahm is looking forward to watching Germany with a beer (Video)May 28th, 2016
- Arsenal & Man United target Alvaro Morata admits he has “tempting” offers from P...May 31st, 2016
- Manchester United have made a dizzying offer for Monchi [AS]May 31st, 2016
- Sevilla sporting director Monchi set to leave club, linked with Man United [Tweets]May 30th, 2016
- Manchester United have offered Michael Carrick a one-year contract [Guardian]May 30th, 2016
- Man City linked to a Bayern Munich midfielder [Kicker]May 10th, 2016
- Pep Guardiola keen on bringing Thiago Alcantara to Manchester City [Guardian]March 21st, 2016
- Thiago Alcantara’s double for Bayern v Bremen & Franck Ribery’s long range volle...March 16th, 2016
- Thiago Alcantara bamboozles Sebastian Rode in one-on-one Bayern training exercise (Video)March 9th, 2016