- Juventus may pay £50m to sign Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling as they gear up to sell Paul Pogba [Sun]
- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
Bayern’s Thiago Alcantara suffers knee injury v Hoffenheim, ruled out of both legs v Manchester United
- March 29, 2014
This is a huge blow for Bayern and Spain, but perhaps a glimmer of hope for Man United – not that an injury is ever good news.
Thiago Alcantara suffered a knee injury in Bayern’s draw with Hoffenheim today,with what could be a possible ACL tear.
Initial reports make it clear that Thiago will miss both quarter final legs against Man United, but that he may be able to recover for the semis (should they get there).
It’s also a massive blow for Thiago personally, as the chance to play the World Cup with Spain on ‘home’ soil in Brazil (his father is Brazilian) is a special and unique one, and the 1-2 month possible layoff greatly reduces his chances of making it in top condition.
— Bavarian FB Works (@BavarianFBWorks) March 29, 2014