Bayern official Paul Breitner: ‘We will become the first team to defend the Champions League title’ [Video]
- April 11, 2014
With Real Madrid drawing Bayern Munich in the Champions League semi-final, the suits of the respective European behemoths spoke to the press to give their reaction to the draw.
And while Madrid’s brief was to play it cool, Bayern came out gun-slingin’.
Madrid’s representative Emilio Butragueno spoke some generic platitudes about doing their best to win, nothing remarkable; but Bayern’s ‘man in Zurich’s’ discourse was somewhat more forthright.
Former Maoist Paul Breitner looked as if his club had just drawn Swindon Town, and could barely hide his delight, saying ‘We are convinced we are going to be the first team to defend the Champions League title’.
Ah, the famous German modesty, so refreshing.
- Bayern open talks with Man United’s Ed Woodward for the €50m purchase of Angel Di...
- Pep Guardiola: Bastian Schweinsteiger needs to decide on a Man United move [Quotes]
- New Bayern Munich attacker Douglas Costa gives first interview since £21m move [Video]
- Man United put together a €160m package (transfer fee & wages) for Bayern’s ...
- Done Deal: Bayern Munich confirm the signing of Douglas Costa
- Bayern challenge Man United for Sergio Ramos. Offer defender a €60m, 5-year deal [El Ch...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi