Bayern official Paul Breitner: ‘We will become the first team to defend the Champions League title’ [Video]
- April 11, 2014
With Real Madrid drawing Bayern Munich in the Champions League semi-final, the suits of the respective European behemoths spoke to the press to give their reaction to the draw.
And while Madrid’s brief was to play it cool, Bayern came out gun-slingin’.
Madrid’s representative Emilio Butragueno spoke some generic platitudes about doing their best to win, nothing remarkable; but Bayern’s ‘man in Zurich’s’ discourse was somewhat more forthright.
Former Maoist Paul Breitner looked as if his club had just drawn Swindon Town, and could barely hide his delight, saying ‘We are convinced we are going to be the first team to defend the Champions League title’.
Ah, the famous German modesty, so refreshing.
- Mario Gotze scores his second for Germany v Poland (Video)
- Mario Götze scores great solo goal to put Germany 2-0 ahead v Poland (Video)
- Class: Bayern Munich to host training camps for refugees, offer meals & German cla...
- Thiago Alcantara publishes full documentary on year out with injury at Bayern (Video)
- Bayern boss Pep Guardiola gets frustrated with Arturo Vidal’s positional awarenes...
- Kingsley Coman unveiled as a Bayern player after completing €20m transfer from Juventus
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...