- Pep Guardiola’s sarcastic applause to his medical staff after Benatia injury [Video]
- Manchester United keeper David De Gea has said ‘Yes’ to Real Madrid [Jugones]
- Liverpool train ahead of FA Cup semi-final v Aston Villa [Video]
- Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet talks about his turnaround in form pre-Aston Villa [Video]
- Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend captain game of Football-Tennis at Spurs training [Video]
Bayern official Paul Breitner: ‘We will become the first team to defend the Champions League title’ [Video]
- April 11, 2014
With Real Madrid drawing Bayern Munich in the Champions League semi-final, the suits of the respective European behemoths spoke to the press to give their reaction to the draw.
And while Madrid’s brief was to play it cool, Bayern came out gun-slingin’.
Madrid’s representative Emilio Butragueno spoke some generic platitudes about doing their best to win, nothing remarkable; but Bayern’s ‘man in Zurich’s’ discourse was somewhat more forthright.
Former Maoist Paul Breitner looked as if his club had just drawn Swindon Town, and could barely hide his delight, saying ‘We are convinced we are going to be the first team to defend the Champions League title’.
Ah, the famous German modesty, so refreshing.