Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller wants clarification talks with Pep Guadiola over his first team place [Stern]
Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller has given an interview to German magazine Stern, in which he expresses his concern over his future with the Bavarians.
Muller lost his place in Pep Guardiola’s plans towards the end of last season, watching the Champions League semi-final capitulation from the bench, having been one of the team’s key players in the Treble season just previous.
Muller told Stern: ‘I’ve come to the point that I want to know where I stand int the first eleven plans for next season, I need clarification.’
In essence, Muller wants showdown talks with Pep Guardiola, and German tabloid Bild have presented the story as a possible Come-And-Get-Me-Plea to Manchester United.
Bild note that it was incoming Man United boss Louis van Gaal who gave Muller his first team debut back in 2009, and that in the 5 intervening years, the pair have remained in regular contact.
One thing’s for sure: a player of Muller’s immense quality would not watch a second of action from the bench were he to sign for van Gaal’s new project.
Watch Live Stream
- Adidas upload full Bayern Never Follows advert and it’s awesomely trippy (Video)August 24, 2016
- Bayern publish top 5 goals from pre-season training ft. Lewandowski & Thiago beauties (Video)August 18, 2016
- Bad news for Bayern Munich’s Kingsley Coman (Video)August 17, 2016
- Manuel Neuer blasts Man United boss Jose Mourinho [Bild]August 14, 2016
- Done Deal: Former Man United & Newcastle midfielder Gabriel Obertan moves to RussiaAugust 24, 2016
- Man United fan creates a comedy Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic shirt [Instagram]August 24, 2016
- Mino Raiola offers Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli to Man United [Gazzetta]August 24, 2016
- Man United fans react to claims Bastian Schweinsteiger is like Chelsea’s Winston BogardeAugust 24, 2016
- Revealed: The 10 most popular Fantasy Football players at Euro 2016June 10, 2016
- Mario Gotze & Thomas Muller earn Germany a 2-0 win over Hungary (Videos)June 4, 2016
- Thomas Müller & Pep Guardiola argue over tactics before Bayern’s title partyMay 7, 2016
- Sunderland’s Fabio Borini compares himself to Bayern Munich star Thomas Muller [Guardian]April 29, 2016