Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller wants clarification talks with Pep Guadiola over his first team place [Stern]
Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller has given an interview to German magazine Stern, in which he expresses his concern over his future with the Bavarians.
Muller lost his place in Pep Guardiola’s plans towards the end of last season, watching the Champions League semi-final capitulation from the bench, having been one of the team’s key players in the Treble season just previous.
Muller told Stern: ‘I’ve come to the point that I want to know where I stand int the first eleven plans for next season, I need clarification.’
In essence, Muller wants showdown talks with Pep Guardiola, and German tabloid Bild have presented the story as a possible Come-And-Get-Me-Plea to Manchester United.
Bild note that it was incoming Man United boss Louis van Gaal who gave Muller his first team debut back in 2009, and that in the 5 intervening years, the pair have remained in regular contact.
One thing’s for sure: a player of Muller’s immense quality would not watch a second of action from the bench were he to sign for van Gaal’s new project.
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge urges Mario Gotze to leave amid Liverpool interestMay 26th, 2016
- Bayern Munich fan survives cancer and gets club crest painted on false eyeMay 24th, 2016
- Redmen TV try to convince themselves Mario Gotze could still join Liverpool from Bayern (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Pep Guardiola apologised for not winning Champions League in Bayern farewell speech (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United 3-year contract will earn him £36m [Times]May 26th, 2016
- Carlo Ancelotti accuses Man United & Arsenal owners of prioritizing money over winning [Talk...May 26th, 2016
- The full list of Official Jose Mourinho Merchandise is staggering, and ridiculous [Graphic]May 26th, 2016
- #WelcomeJose : Man United fans (and everyone) giddy with excitement as Mourinho takes over [Tweets]May 26th, 2016
- Thomas Müller & Pep Guardiola argue over tactics before Bayern’s title partyMay 7th, 2016
- Sunderland’s Fabio Borini compares himself to Bayern Munich star Thomas Muller [Guardian]April 29th, 2016
- Thomas Muller struggles to score in Bayern training, jokes around (Video)April 12th, 2016
- Mission Impossible: The Germany 2 – England 3 cartoon (442oons video)March 27th, 2016