Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller wants clarification talks with Pep Guadiola over his first team place [Stern]
- June 4, 2014
Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller has given an interview to German magazine Stern, in which he expresses his concern over his future with the Bavarians.
Muller lost his place in Pep Guardiola’s plans towards the end of last season, watching the Champions League semi-final capitulation from the bench, having been one of the team’s key players in the Treble season just previous.
Muller told Stern: ‘I’ve come to the point that I want to know where I stand int the first eleven plans for next season, I need clarification.’
In essence, Muller wants showdown talks with Pep Guardiola, and German tabloid Bild have presented the story as a possible Come-And-Get-Me-Plea to Manchester United.
Bild note that it was incoming Man United boss Louis van Gaal who gave Muller his first team debut back in 2009, and that in the 5 intervening years, the pair have remained in regular contact.
One thing’s for sure: a player of Muller’s immense quality would not watch a second of action from the bench were he to sign for van Gaal’s new project.
- Thiago Alcantara publishes full documentary on year out with injury at Bayern (Video)
- Bayern boss Pep Guardiola gets frustrated with Arturo Vidal’s positional awarenes...
- Kingsley Coman unveiled as a Bayern player after completing €20m transfer from Juventus
- Douglas Costa pulled off a rainbow flick during Bayern Munich win v Leverkusen (officia...
- Confirmed pots for Thursday’s UCL draw ft. Man United & Arsenal in pot 2 [Gr...
- Paris train hero Alek Skarlatos gets VIP treatment from Bayern Munich squad [Tweet]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...