Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller wants clarification talks with Pep Guadiola over his first team place [Stern]
- June 4, 2014
Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller has given an interview to German magazine Stern, in which he expresses his concern over his future with the Bavarians.
Muller lost his place in Pep Guardiola’s plans towards the end of last season, watching the Champions League semi-final capitulation from the bench, having been one of the team’s key players in the Treble season just previous.
Muller told Stern: ‘I’ve come to the point that I want to know where I stand int the first eleven plans for next season, I need clarification.’
In essence, Muller wants showdown talks with Pep Guardiola, and German tabloid Bild have presented the story as a possible Come-And-Get-Me-Plea to Manchester United.
Bild note that it was incoming Man United boss Louis van Gaal who gave Muller his first team debut back in 2009, and that in the 5 intervening years, the pair have remained in regular contact.
One thing’s for sure: a player of Muller’s immense quality would not watch a second of action from the bench were he to sign for van Gaal’s new project.
- Man United prepare €82m offer for Thomas Muller. Talks have begun [Sport 1]
- BBC duped by a fake report linking Bayern’s Thomas Muller & Arjen Robben to ...
- Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has destroyed Mario Gotze, says the player’s agent
- Bayern’s Mario Gotze throws first pitch at LA Dodgers-NY Mets game [Video]
- Bayern open talks with Man United’s Ed Woodward for the €50m purchase of Angel Di...
- Pep Guardiola: Bastian Schweinsteiger needs to decide on a Man United move [Quotes]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi