Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller wants clarification talks with Pep Guadiola over his first team place [Stern]
- June 4, 2014
Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller has given an interview to German magazine Stern, in which he expresses his concern over his future with the Bavarians.
Muller lost his place in Pep Guardiola’s plans towards the end of last season, watching the Champions League semi-final capitulation from the bench, having been one of the team’s key players in the Treble season just previous.
Muller told Stern: ‘I’ve come to the point that I want to know where I stand int the first eleven plans for next season, I need clarification.’
In essence, Muller wants showdown talks with Pep Guardiola, and German tabloid Bild have presented the story as a possible Come-And-Get-Me-Plea to Manchester United.
Bild note that it was incoming Man United boss Louis van Gaal who gave Muller his first team debut back in 2009, and that in the 5 intervening years, the pair have remained in regular contact.
One thing’s for sure: a player of Muller’s immense quality would not watch a second of action from the bench were he to sign for van Gaal’s new project.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...