- Kevin Strootman to Manchester United is on after AS Roma exit from Champions League [ESPN]
- FA ban Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli for one game and fine him £25,000 for Instagram post
- Arsenal appear to be out of the race for Paulo Dybala as Palermo’s £31m valuation is too high
- Man United players sign the head of a brave girl suffering from leukaemia after she lost her hair
- Park Ji-Sung given hero’s reception at PSV before crowd accidentally set banner on fire [Videos]
Bayern Munich’s Team Bus Unveiled by…GOB from Arrested Development? [Video]
A lot has been said and writeen about the over-the-top and extravagant nature of the kit launch in modern football, with elite clubs turning the release of a kit with a new stripe into a spectacular Hollywood-style event.
At Bayern, they’ve raised the stakes, this week holding a bizarre and frankly unneccesary event for the launch of their…new team bus.
A stage artiste with the aura and mannerisms of snake oil salesman/charlatan GOB from Arrested Development did the honours, unveiling the bus in a spectacular modern art show, replete with flashing lights and smoke.
To be fair to him, he did a cracking job of making a team bus suddenly seem like the most important cog in the team organigram; Jose Mourinho will surely be interested in hiring his services for a similar show for the Chelsea bus launch.
- Updated: August 21, 2014