- Spurs boss Pochettino says there’s more to come from 30-goal Harry Kane [Video]
- Bayern’s Sebastian Rode does a Reverse Robben v Hoffenheim [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers amazingly suggests Liverpool were overawed by occasion v Aston Villa [Video]
- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws his number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
Bayern Munich’s Team Bus Unveiled by…GOB from Arrested Development? [Video]
- August 21, 2014
A lot has been said and writeen about the over-the-top and extravagant nature of the kit launch in modern football, with elite clubs turning the release of a kit with a new stripe into a spectacular Hollywood-style event.
At Bayern, they’ve raised the stakes, this week holding a bizarre and frankly unneccesary event for the launch of their…new team bus.
A stage artiste with the aura and mannerisms of snake oil salesman/charlatan GOB from Arrested Development did the honours, unveiling the bus in a spectacular modern art show, replete with flashing lights and smoke.
To be fair to him, he did a cracking job of making a team bus suddenly seem like the most important cog in the team organigram; Jose Mourinho will surely be interested in hiring his services for a similar show for the Chelsea bus launch.