- Brilliant! BVB coach Jurgen Klopp laughs hysterically to the bemusement of journos [Video]
- Gallas? John Terry post Schalke 0 – Chelsea 5: ‘William’ [sic] was different class’ [Video]
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho post-Schalke: ‘Winning 5-0 in Germany is not normal’ [Video]
- Man City star Sergio Aguero celebrates incredible hat-trick v Bayern on Instagram
- Man City captain Vincent Kompany laughs at “our special player” Sergio Aguero in post-match interview [Video]
Bayern Munich’s Team Bus Unveiled by…GOB from Arrested Development? [Video]
A lot has been said and writeen about the over-the-top and extravagant nature of the kit launch in modern football, with elite clubs turning the release of a kit with a new stripe into a spectacular Hollywood-style event.
At Bayern, they’ve raised the stakes, this week holding a bizarre and frankly unneccesary event for the launch of their…new team bus.
A stage artiste with the aura and mannerisms of snake oil salesman/charlatan GOB from Arrested Development did the honours, unveiling the bus in a spectacular modern art show, replete with flashing lights and smoke.
To be fair to him, he did a cracking job of making a team bus suddenly seem like the most important cog in the team organigram; Jose Mourinho will surely be interested in hiring his services for a similar show for the Chelsea bus launch.
- Updated: August 21, 2014