Bayern Munich’s Team Bus Unveiled by…GOB from Arrested Development? [Video]
- August 21, 2014
A lot has been said and writeen about the over-the-top and extravagant nature of the kit launch in modern football, with elite clubs turning the release of a kit with a new stripe into a spectacular Hollywood-style event.
At Bayern, they’ve raised the stakes, this week holding a bizarre and frankly unneccesary event for the launch of their…new team bus.
A stage artiste with the aura and mannerisms of snake oil salesman/charlatan GOB from Arrested Development did the honours, unveiling the bus in a spectacular modern art show, replete with flashing lights and smoke.
To be fair to him, he did a cracking job of making a team bus suddenly seem like the most important cog in the team organigram; Jose Mourinho will surely be interested in hiring his services for a similar show for the Chelsea bus launch.
- Bayern open talks with Man United’s Ed Woodward for the €50m purchase of Angel Di...
- Pep Guardiola: Bastian Schweinsteiger needs to decide on a Man United move [Quotes]
- New Bayern Munich attacker Douglas Costa gives first interview since £21m move [Video]
- Man United put together a €160m package (transfer fee & wages) for Bayern’s ...
- Done Deal: Bayern Munich confirm the signing of Douglas Costa
- Bayern challenge Man United for Sergio Ramos. Offer defender a €60m, 5-year deal [El Ch...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi