Bayern Munich’s Mario Mandzukic rumored to be on his way to Chelsea
- March 17, 2014
It’s no secret that Jose Mourinho is unsatisfied with his offensive choices. The Chelsea manager has previously expressed concerns regarding his attacking players.
“The problem with Chelsea is that I lack a scorer,’ said Mourinho, speaking on the eve of the Champions League’s first leg match against Galatasaray Istanbul . “I have Eto’o but he is 32 years old, maybe 35, who knows?”
With searches for the next season intensifying, Mourinho may have found a player who will improve his team up front.
According to the Sun, forward Mario Mandzukic, Bayern Munich’s goal-getter, is on the top of the acquisition list at Stamford Bridge. The Croatian international is currently the top scorer in the Bundesliga with 17 goals in 23 games.
With the recent transfer of Robert Lewandowski, who will become a Bavarian player starting this summer, the upcoming season will pose a tough competitive battle among Bayern strikers.
While Bayern executives have repeatedly expressed their interest in keeping Mandzukic, it seems that for the right amount in transfer fees, they will not mind letting him move to the Premier League.
Chelsea, however, may have to face domestic competition; Arsenal and Manchester United are also interested in acquiring Mandzukic.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi