Bayern Munich’s Mario Mandzukic rumored to be on his way to Chelsea
- March 17, 2014
It’s no secret that Jose Mourinho is unsatisfied with his offensive choices. The Chelsea manager has previously expressed concerns regarding his attacking players.
“The problem with Chelsea is that I lack a scorer,’ said Mourinho, speaking on the eve of the Champions League’s first leg match against Galatasaray Istanbul . “I have Eto’o but he is 32 years old, maybe 35, who knows?”
With searches for the next season intensifying, Mourinho may have found a player who will improve his team up front.
According to the Sun, forward Mario Mandzukic, Bayern Munich’s goal-getter, is on the top of the acquisition list at Stamford Bridge. The Croatian international is currently the top scorer in the Bundesliga with 17 goals in 23 games.
With the recent transfer of Robert Lewandowski, who will become a Bavarian player starting this summer, the upcoming season will pose a tough competitive battle among Bayern strikers.
While Bayern executives have repeatedly expressed their interest in keeping Mandzukic, it seems that for the right amount in transfer fees, they will not mind letting him move to the Premier League.
Chelsea, however, may have to face domestic competition; Arsenal and Manchester United are also interested in acquiring Mandzukic.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...