Bayern Munich’s Mario Mandzukic rumored to be on his way to Chelsea
- March 17, 2014
It’s no secret that Jose Mourinho is unsatisfied with his offensive choices. The Chelsea manager has previously expressed concerns regarding his attacking players.
“The problem with Chelsea is that I lack a scorer,’ said Mourinho, speaking on the eve of the Champions League’s first leg match against Galatasaray Istanbul . “I have Eto’o but he is 32 years old, maybe 35, who knows?”
With searches for the next season intensifying, Mourinho may have found a player who will improve his team up front.
According to the Sun, forward Mario Mandzukic, Bayern Munich’s goal-getter, is on the top of the acquisition list at Stamford Bridge. The Croatian international is currently the top scorer in the Bundesliga with 17 goals in 23 games.
With the recent transfer of Robert Lewandowski, who will become a Bavarian player starting this summer, the upcoming season will pose a tough competitive battle among Bayern strikers.
While Bayern executives have repeatedly expressed their interest in keeping Mandzukic, it seems that for the right amount in transfer fees, they will not mind letting him move to the Premier League.
Chelsea, however, may have to face domestic competition; Arsenal and Manchester United are also interested in acquiring Mandzukic.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...