- Borussia Dortmund release incredible video of fans & players singing ‘Jingle Bells’ [Video]
- PSG want to sign Adnan Januzaj on 6 month loan from Manchester United [Le Parisien]
- West Ham release awesome Christmas video poem celebrating 2014 success [Video]
- Liverpool’s Suso got a drone for Christmas [Instagram Video]
- Crystal Palace’s Yannick Bolasie shows off his ‘tekkers’ on a hands-free Segway [Video]
Bayern Munich will bid £40m to sign Chelsea’s David Luiz [Daily Mail]
According to the backpage of the Daily Mail on Monday, Bayern Munich will bid £40m to try and sign Chelsea’s David Luiz.
Luis has been the subject of constant transfer speculation this summer, with the Brazilian having been linked to Barcelona for some time.
Fuelled by suggestions that Jose Mourinho is not the biggest admirer of Luiz, rumours have been circling for a few days that Pep Guardiola could try and pinch Luiz from Chelsea as the new Munich boss believes his rearguard could benefit from some reinforcements.
Significantly, Bayern defender Holger Badstuber could be sidelined for another year after recently learning he will need a fourth operation on his injured right knee, having sustained ligament damage last December.
Nevertheless, many Chelsea fans will struggle to take the links to Bayern seriously.
Firstly, Luiz has three years left on the contract signed when he arrived from Benfica in January 2011. Secondly, the 26-year-old was a revelation for Chelsea under Rafa Benitez in 2012/2013 in both defence and midfield and is firmly a fans favourite with Blues supporters.
Thirdly, and perhaps most importantly, club director Matthias Sammer has ruled out the club signing a defender, saying:
We are not going to sign a new defender since we have already signed a defender this summer in Jan Kirchhoff. The decision not to sign a further defender is clearly to be seen as giving a fair chance to Jan.
All in all, odds are that David Luiz will be a Chelsea player during 2013-14.
- Updated: July 28, 2013