Bayern Munich want Arsenal target Khedira to fill in for injured Javi Martinez [Bild]
- August 16, 2014
Javi Martinez’s horror cruciate ligament injury in the German Super Cup has left Bayern Munich short both in midfield and defence, as the Basque covers both positions for Pep Guardiola’s outfit.
And with Thiago Alcantara not back until October now, Bayern are in the market for someone to fill in for Martinez, Bild claim, as he’s set to miss the next 6 months.
The German paper claim that Arsenal target Sami Khedira tops their list, with two La Liga defenders, Diego Godin and Khedira’s teammate Raphael Varance also on their radar.
With Madrid having left Khedira out of their Super Cup squad, he seems to be the most viable option for Bayern, especially as both Godin (€36m) and Varane €200m!) have significant buy-out clauses.
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech wants to play until he’s 40, bashes Chelsea Twitter tro...
- West Ham are ‘very close’ to signing Alex Song and Arsenal’s Carl Jen...
- New Petr Cech interview: On Mourinho, why he joined Arsenal & abuse from Chelsea f...
- Gunners fans wish Abou Diaby farewell as he is officially released by Arsenal [Tweets]
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez produces really classy gesture at Chile training [video]
- Behind the scenes on Petr Cech’s first day at Arsenal [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi