- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Bayern Munich want Arsenal target Khedira to fill in for injured Javi Martinez [Bild]
Javi Martinez’s horror cruciate ligament injury in the German Super Cup has left Bayern Munich short both in midfield and defence, as the Basque covers both positions for Pep Guardiola’s outfit.
And with Thiago Alcantara not back until October now, Bayern are in the market for someone to fill in for Martinez, Bild claim, as he’s set to miss the next 6 months.
The German paper claim that Arsenal target Sami Khedira tops their list, with two La Liga defenders, Diego Godin and Khedira’s teammate Raphael Varance also on their radar.
With Madrid having left Khedira out of their Super Cup squad, he seems to be the most viable option for Bayern, especially as both Godin (€36m) and Varane €200m!) have significant buy-out clauses.
- Updated: August 16, 2014