Bayern Munich want Arsenal target Khedira to fill in for injured Javi Martinez [Bild]
Javi Martinez’s horror cruciate ligament injury in the German Super Cup has left Bayern Munich short both in midfield and defence, as the Basque covers both positions for Pep Guardiola’s outfit.
And with Thiago Alcantara not back until October now, Bayern are in the market for someone to fill in for Martinez, Bild claim, as he’s set to miss the next 6 months.
The German paper claim that Arsenal target Sami Khedira tops their list, with two La Liga defenders, Diego Godin and Khedira’s teammate Raphael Varance also on their radar.
With Madrid having left Khedira out of their Super Cup squad, he seems to be the most viable option for Bayern, especially as both Godin (€36m) and Varane €200m!) have significant buy-out clauses.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal Top Group A after big win in Basel – Here’s who they could face in the next roundDecember 6, 2016
- Arsenal fans celebrate as the Gunners finally finish 1st in their Champions League group [Tweets]December 6, 2016
- Arsenal’s Lucas Perez equals Spurs’ competition total with hat-trick in 1st UCL start [Tweets]December 6, 2016
- Arsenal striker Lucas Perez on fire v Basel. Or is he? [Tweets]December 6, 2016
- Xabi Alonso compares RB Leipzig with Leicester (video)December 6, 2016
- Rafinha & Javi Martinez take on Bayern Munich Christmas sweater challenge (Video)November 30, 2016
- Thomas Muller sings Silent Night with supporter during Bayern fan club visit (Video)November 28, 2016
- Bayern president tells Bastian Schweinsteiger to bleed Man United dry [ESPN]November 28, 2016
- Pepe and Fabio Coentrao sold their image rights for €1 to company in PanamaDecember 6, 2016
- Too far? Jordi Alba faces backlash for trolling Mateo Kovacic during El ClasicoDecember 6, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Luka Modric accused of hiding money in LuxembourgDecember 6, 2016
- Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund: Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 6, 2016