Bayern Munich want Arsenal target Khedira to fill in for injured Javi Martinez [Bild]
- August 16, 2014
Javi Martinez’s horror cruciate ligament injury in the German Super Cup has left Bayern Munich short both in midfield and defence, as the Basque covers both positions for Pep Guardiola’s outfit.
And with Thiago Alcantara not back until October now, Bayern are in the market for someone to fill in for Martinez, Bild claim, as he’s set to miss the next 6 months.
The German paper claim that Arsenal target Sami Khedira tops their list, with two La Liga defenders, Diego Godin and Khedira’s teammate Raphael Varance also on their radar.
With Madrid having left Khedira out of their Super Cup squad, he seems to be the most viable option for Bayern, especially as both Godin (€36m) and Varane €200m!) have significant buy-out clauses.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...