Bayern Munich to subsidise fans buying £62 tickets for the game at Arsenal
- January 9, 2014
The regular love-in when Bundesliga teams come to England is likely to get worse in the coming days, following an announcement by Bayern Munich on Wednesday evening.
The Bundesliga leaders have said they will subsidise some of the 62 pound ticket price, Arsenal are demanding from Bayern Munich supporters to watch the upcoming Champions League game at the Emirates.
Bayern announced that they expect 18,000 applicants for just 2,974 tickets to watch the Champions League first leg on February 19, 2014.
The Bayern Munich statement says: “Both in the past and in the current season, Bayern has thrilled European football not only by the outstanding performance and consistency of the team, but also by the fantastic and vocal support of our fans – as highlighted in the Champions League final and UEFA Super Cup final.”
Bayern continued: “It is worth mentioning the fact that a large number of Bayern fans not only support the team but also at every away game. The fact that this loyalty comes with such a high number of games not only means a great deal of time, but also tears a big hole in the wallet…”
62 pounds a ticket at Arsenal, works out at 75 euros. Bayern Munich will sell tickets in the Arsenal end to their fans for 45 euros.
The Bundesliga leaders add: “This is a small thank you for the great support in 2013.”
Will Arsenal be subsidising their supporters for their tickets and travel to away games in the Champions League now?
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...