- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
- Porto star Jackson Martinez nets Zlatan-esque backheel volley golazo [Vine & GIF]
- Troll! Juanfran showed Barcelona’s Neymar 7 fingers, referencing 7-1 loss to Germany [Video]
- Christian Eriksen (Spurs) inch perfect free kick golazo v Sheffield United [GIF]
Bayern Munich set to move for Arsenal & Chelsea target Sami Khedira [Sport]
For some time, it looked like Sami Khedira’s next move will be to the Premier League.
Arsenal have been linked with the German defensive midfielder heavily this summer and linking up with Lukas Podolski, Mesut Ozil and Per Mertesacker at the Emirates must be attractive for Khedira.
If wage demands put Arsenal off the Khedira sent, then Chelsea have also been mooted with Jose Mourinho keen to bag the World Cup winner on a free transfer next summer when his contract at Real Madrid expires.
However, Sport reveal on Sunday that Bayern Munich are now set to move for Khedira, following the serious injury sustained by Javi Martinez last week.
Yesterday, Guardiola announced: “We need a new player. He can play as a defender, midfielder, in various positions.”
Sport suggest its a three-man shortlist for Bayern, two players of which are currently at Real Madrid: Khedira, Raphael Varane and Diego Godin.
Khedira is reportedly Bayern’s first choice and they would surely beat off competition from Arsenal and Chelsea were they to move for the midfielder.
Real Madrid are keen to offload Khedira but he did make an appearance in the 2-1 friendly defeat to Fiorentina on Saturday.
- Updated: August 17, 2014