Bayern Munich set to go head-to-head with Man United for Atletico midfielder Koke [TZ]
- December 26, 2013
Manchester United boss David Moyes was left hugely frustrated last summer as Bayern Munich won the battle for Spanish midfielder Thiago Alcantara.
And, a similar battle looks set to loom this coming post-season with German newspaper TZ claiming Bayern Munich have targeted Atletico Madrid’s Koke.
The Daily Mirror claimed on Boxing Day morning that Manchester United are keen on signing Koke and could bid for the midfielder in the January transfer window.
It would though take a massive fee for Atletico Madrid to sell one of their biggest stars with their season still at a hugely exciting juncture with a La Liga title tilt looming and facing AC Milan in the knockout stages of the Champions League.
TZ suggest Pep Guardiola is a big admirer of Koke and is willing to offer cash plus Swiss midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri.
It is though unlikely Bayern would do any bidding in the January window and will wait until the summer. But, their awesome side combined with the Spaniards already at the Allianz Arena (Guardiola, Alcantara and Javi Martinez) would surely make them favourites versus Manchester United.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...