Bayern Munich inform Barcelona they will pay the release clause for Thiago Alcantara [RAC1]
- July 11, 2013
The deal is almost done and Manchester United have been firmly beaten in the race to sign Barcelona midfielder Thiago Alcantara.
Almost a day after reports emerged that Bayern Munich had agreed terms with Thiago and following Pep Guardiola’s press conference where he announced the Spain Under-21 star was “the only player I want” – a deal could be wrapped up imminently.
Catalan radio station RAC1 have revealed this Thursday evening that Bayern Munich vice-president Karl Heinz Rummenigge has informed Barcelona that they will pay the 18 million euro release clause to sign Thiago.
It will be intriguing to see whether Barcelona demand the VAT on any transfer, but after a semi-final Champions League mauling at the hands of Bayern just months ago, this will be a bitter pill to swallow for the hierarchy at the Nou Camp.
Thiago will reportedly be Bayern Munich’s final signing this summer but could well be the coup of this transfer window.
Sky Italia reported early on Thursday evening that “negotiations at an advanced stage” between Bayern and Thiago.
Meanwhile, Manchester United have missed out on a fantastic player and are now expected to turn their attentions elsewhere.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi