Bayern Munich inform Barcelona they will pay the release clause for Thiago Alcantara [RAC1]
- July 11, 2013
The deal is almost done and Manchester United have been firmly beaten in the race to sign Barcelona midfielder Thiago Alcantara.
Almost a day after reports emerged that Bayern Munich had agreed terms with Thiago and following Pep Guardiola’s press conference where he announced the Spain Under-21 star was “the only player I want” – a deal could be wrapped up imminently.
Catalan radio station RAC1 have revealed this Thursday evening that Bayern Munich vice-president Karl Heinz Rummenigge has informed Barcelona that they will pay the 18 million euro release clause to sign Thiago.
It will be intriguing to see whether Barcelona demand the VAT on any transfer, but after a semi-final Champions League mauling at the hands of Bayern just months ago, this will be a bitter pill to swallow for the hierarchy at the Nou Camp.
Thiago will reportedly be Bayern Munich’s final signing this summer but could well be the coup of this transfer window.
Sky Italia reported early on Thursday evening that “negotiations at an advanced stage” between Bayern and Thiago.
Meanwhile, Manchester United have missed out on a fantastic player and are now expected to turn their attentions elsewhere.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...