Bayern Munich have not given up on Thiago, Manchester United still his 1st choice [Sport]
- July 9, 2013
Recent reports have suggested a Manchester United deal for Barcelona midfielder Thiago Alcantara could take place this week, but Catalan paper Sport report this Tuesday morning that Bayern Munich are still eyeing developments.
Manchester United are still Thiago’s first choice, but the German champions are waiting in the wings should a deal fall through.
Thiago can leave Barcelona up until the end of July for 18 million euros plus VAT.
New Manchester United boss David Moyes has made it clear to Thiago that the Spain Under-21 star would be a first choice starter at Old Trafford and he is excited to be an integral part of one of the biggest clubs in Europe, according to Sport.
In the event that a move to Manchester United falls through, Thiago is still eager to leave the Nou Camp and would be keen to sign for Bayern Munich where he could work with former coach Pep Guardiola.
The new coach at the Allianz Arena is tipped to play 3-4-3 which would perfectly suit Thiago and his emphasis on “pressing and dribbling” would be comfortable for the Barcelona midfielder.
Sport add that Thiago Alcantara is still eager to leave Barcelona in a bid to gain more first team football ahead of the World Cup in Brazil next summer.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...