Bayern Munich handed a partial stadium ban for the homophobic banner aimed at Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil
13 days later UEFA have acted.
On March 11th, during Bayern Munich’s home match against Arsenal in the Champions League, a homophobic banner aimed at Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil was spotted at the Allianz Arena.
The banner had the words ‘Gay Gunners’, and it depicted a crude caricature of Mesut Ozil bent over in front of a cannon.
Pictures of the banner went viral at the time, and now UEFA have punished Bayern Munich with a partial closure of their stadium for the Champions League quarter-final against Manchester United.
The club have also been fined €10,000 for the “discriminatory behaviour” over the banner.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba asked why he always scores against Arsenal (video)July 29, 2016
- Arsene Wenger confirms Arsenal are keen on signing another attacker (Video)July 29, 2016
- Arsenal Troll Spurs after beating the MLS All StarsJuly 29, 2016
- Drogba scores again v Arsenal but the Gunners win the MLS All Star game (video)July 29, 2016
- Inter Milan v Bayern Munich: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-07-30July 25, 2016
- Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery throws jab at Pep GuardiolaJuly 24, 2016
- Ribery & Alaba score as Bayern Munich beat Landshut 3-0 (Video)July 23, 2016
- Bayern Munich v AC Milan: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-07-28July 22, 2016
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil hangs out with Israeli model Danielle Lahav in LA [Instagram]July 28, 2016
- Footage of Arsene Wenger comforting Mesut Ozil after Germany’s Euro 2016 exit (Video)July 9, 2016
- Mesut Özil had a nice message for Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger after Germany’s Euro 2016 exitJuly 8, 2016
- Paul Pogba hails Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil on Instagram after France beat Germany 2-0July 8, 2016