Bayern Munich fans unfurled ‘Gay Gunners’ banner with crude Özil caricature v Arsenal
- March 11, 2014
Well this wasn’t very pleasant.
A group of Bayern fans showed their homophobic side during the Arsenal game tonight, unfurling a banner reading ‘Gay Gunners’, depicting a crude caricature of Mesut Özil…ahem, bent over in fron of a cannon.
The inference in the banner was clear, and may be the source of a UEFA investigation.
The nasty homophobia and wanton implication aside, Mesut Ozil seemed a curious target of Bayern fans’ hatred, being German and all.
But then they do say the Bavarians are a different breed…
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]