Bayern Munich fans unfurled ‘Gay Gunners’ banner with crude Özil caricature v Arsenal
Well this wasn’t very pleasant.
A group of Bayern fans showed their homophobic side during the Arsenal game tonight, unfurling a banner reading ‘Gay Gunners’, depicting a crude caricature of Mesut Özil…ahem, bent over in fron of a cannon.
The inference in the banner was clear, and may be the source of a UEFA investigation.
The nasty homophobia and wanton implication aside, Mesut Ozil seemed a curious target of Bayern fans’ hatred, being German and all.
But then they do say the Bavarians are a different breed…
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal set to make incredible bid for Cesc Fabregas [Sunday Express]December 4, 2016
- Jamie Carragher claims Manchester United boss Mourinho is turning into nemesis WengerDecember 4, 2016
- Man United legend Rio Ferdinand jokes about how to stop Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez (video)December 4, 2016
- Alan Shearer puts condition on calling Alexis Sanchez world class. Arsenal fans rageDecember 4, 2016
- Rafinha & Javi Martinez take on Bayern Munich Christmas sweater challenge (Video)November 30, 2016
- Thomas Muller sings Silent Night with supporter during Bayern fan club visit (Video)November 28, 2016
- Bayern president tells Bastian Schweinsteiger to bleed Man United dry [ESPN]November 28, 2016
- Arjen Robben’s dream XI includes Chelsea heroes, an ex Man United striker & lots of Bayern starsNovember 28, 2016
- Football Leaks drop biggest ever data dump: Ronaldo, Ozil, Mourinho & Mendes accused of dirty money dealsDecember 3, 2016
- ‘King of Assists’ Mesut Ozil stars in new Adidas commercial (Video)December 2, 2016
- Mesut Ozil gives Marca license to big up his Real Madrid returnDecember 2, 2016
- Mesut Ozil fails to recreates Daniel Sturridge’s Europa League Final goal (Video)December 1, 2016