Bayern Munich fans unfurled ‘Gay Gunners’ banner with crude Özil caricature v Arsenal
Well this wasn’t very pleasant.
A group of Bayern fans showed their homophobic side during the Arsenal game tonight, unfurling a banner reading ‘Gay Gunners’, depicting a crude caricature of Mesut Özil…ahem, bent over in fron of a cannon.
The inference in the banner was clear, and may be the source of a UEFA investigation.
The nasty homophobia and wanton implication aside, Mesut Ozil seemed a curious target of Bayern fans’ hatred, being German and all.
But then they do say the Bavarians are a different breed…
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal v Basel: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016
- Arsenal’s Francis Coquelin pictured in leg brace at hospitalSeptember 26, 2016
- Arsenal old boy Andrey Arshavin scored a stunner in Kazakhstan (Video)September 26, 2016
- Ref Michael Oliver tracked back quicker than Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante v ArsenalSeptember 26, 2016
- Looks like Liverpool keeper Loris Karius takes after Bayern Munich’s Manuel NeuerSeptember 25, 2016
- Bayern Munich want to sign Liverpool’s star asset [Express]September 25, 2016
- Will he get in trouble? Bayern’s Franck Ribery was incredibly cheeky v HamburgSeptember 24, 2016
- Bayern Munich close to some great Robert Lewandowski news [Bild]September 21, 2016
- Gooners think Mesut Ozil is the best midfielder in the world (Videos)September 25, 2016
- Mesut Ozil’s awesome gesture to a young Arsenal fan after the Chelsea win (Video)September 24, 2016
- Mesut Ozil celebrates Arsenal destroying Chelsea with dressing room selfieSeptember 24, 2016
- Arsenal stars Ozil, Cazorla and Xhaka take five shot challenge with Copa 90 (Video)September 22, 2016