- Claude reacts to Arsenal win: My blood pressure pills were coming out again [Video]
- Santa beard! Neymar scores classy goal in charity match before celebrating like a cockroach [Video]
- Louis van Gaal handed presents out to the crowd before Man United played Newcastle [Pictures]
- Arsenal fan praises Tomas Rosicky and calls Alexis Sanchez ‘unreal’ [Video]
- Jorge Mendes: ‘Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest ever, there’s such a gulf between him and 2nd best’ [Globo]
Bayern Munich fans unfurled ‘Gay Gunners’ banner with crude Özil caricature v Arsenal
Well this wasn’t very pleasant.
A group of Bayern fans showed their homophobic side during the Arsenal game tonight, unfurling a banner reading ‘Gay Gunners’, depicting a crude caricature of Mesut Özil…ahem, bent over in fron of a cannon.
The inference in the banner was clear, and may be the source of a UEFA investigation.
The nasty homophobia and wanton implication aside, Mesut Ozil seemed a curious target of Bayern fans’ hatred, being German and all.
But then they do say the Bavarians are a different breed…
- Updated: March 11, 2014