- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Bayern Munich fans unfurled ‘Gay Gunners’ banner with crude Özil caricature v Arsenal
- March 11, 2014
Well this wasn’t very pleasant.
A group of Bayern fans showed their homophobic side during the Arsenal game tonight, unfurling a banner reading ‘Gay Gunners’, depicting a crude caricature of Mesut Özil…ahem, bent over in fron of a cannon.
The inference in the banner was clear, and may be the source of a UEFA investigation.
The nasty homophobia and wanton implication aside, Mesut Ozil seemed a curious target of Bayern fans’ hatred, being German and all.
But then they do say the Bavarians are a different breed…