- Chelsea man Didier Drogba hails his “inspiration” Thierry Henry after winning FWA award [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo doing keepy-uppies in Madrid dressed as a homeless guy [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers defends Mario Balotelli & says his Liverpool career isn’t over [Video]
- PSG star Zlatan Ibrahimovic trolls St. Etienne player during 1-0 win [GIF]
- Aston Villa 2 – Bournemouth 1: Carles Gil scores a wondergoal at Villa Park
Bayern Munich agree to sign Sebastian Rode from Eintracht Frankfurt in the summer for free [Kicker]
German website Kicker were the first to break the news on Thursday that Bayern Munich have made their second Bosman signing in a week bagging Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder Sebastian Rode.
Like the signing of Lewandowski, Rode will only arrive at the Allainz Arena in the summer when his current deal expires.
Eintracht’s sporting director Bruno Hubner confirmed that the 23-year-old is going to Bayern, telling reporters “I knew nine months ago.”
Rode has been linked with a move to Bayern for several seasons, ever since the midfielder came to prominence in 2012-13 Bundesliga season.
While the signing seems like a good piece of business on Bayern’s behalf, many will wonder about Rode’s ambition as it’s unlikely that the midfielder will get much playing time for Pep Guardiola, at least to begin with.
Whilst Rode is talented, Bayern have a shedload of greta midfielders with Bastien Schweinsteiger, Javi Martinez, Thiago Alcântara, Mario Götze and Toni Kroos all already vying for central spots in the team.
Watch Rode’s first ever Bundesliga goal, against Bayern Munich in 2011, below.
- Updated: January 9, 2014