Bayern Munich agree to sign Sebastian Rode from Eintracht Frankfurt in the summer for free [Kicker]
German website Kicker were the first to break the news on Thursday that Bayern Munich have made their second Bosman signing in a week bagging Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder Sebastian Rode.
Like the signing of Lewandowski, Rode will only arrive at the Allainz Arena in the summer when his current deal expires.
Eintracht’s sporting director Bruno Hubner confirmed that the 23-year-old is going to Bayern, telling reporters “I knew nine months ago.”
Rode has been linked with a move to Bayern for several seasons, ever since the midfielder came to prominence in 2012-13 Bundesliga season.
While the signing seems like a good piece of business on Bayern’s behalf, many will wonder about Rode’s ambition as it’s unlikely that the midfielder will get much playing time for Pep Guardiola, at least to begin with.
Whilst Rode is talented, Bayern have a shedload of greta midfielders with Bastien Schweinsteiger, Javi Martinez, Thiago Alcântara, Mario Götze and Toni Kroos all already vying for central spots in the team.
Watch Rode’s first ever Bundesliga goal, against Bayern Munich in 2011, below.
Watch Live Stream
- Looks like Liverpool keeper Loris Karius takes after Bayern Munich’s Manuel NeuerSeptember 25, 2016
- Bayern Munich want to sign Liverpool’s star asset [Express]September 25, 2016
- Will he get in trouble? Bayern’s Franck Ribery was incredibly cheeky v HamburgSeptember 24, 2016
- Bayern Munich close to some great Robert Lewandowski news [Bild]September 21, 2016
- Manchester United defender Guillermo Varela set for a Bundesliga loan move [Mail]July 15, 2016
- Eintracht Frankfurt fans literally made the stadium bounce during relegation play-off (Video)May 20, 2016
- Frankfurt’s Marco Russ to play tonight one day after heavy tumour disease diagnosisMay 19, 2016
- Bayern’s Javi Martinez wiped out Frankfurt manager Niko Kovac (Official Video)April 4, 2016