Bayern Munich agree to sign Sebastian Rode from Eintracht Frankfurt in the summer for free [Kicker]
German website Kicker were the first to break the news on Thursday that Bayern Munich have made their second Bosman signing in a week bagging Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder Sebastian Rode.
Like the signing of Lewandowski, Rode will only arrive at the Allainz Arena in the summer when his current deal expires.
Eintracht’s sporting director Bruno Hubner confirmed that the 23-year-old is going to Bayern, telling reporters “I knew nine months ago.”
Rode has been linked with a move to Bayern for several seasons, ever since the midfielder came to prominence in 2012-13 Bundesliga season.
While the signing seems like a good piece of business on Bayern’s behalf, many will wonder about Rode’s ambition as it’s unlikely that the midfielder will get much playing time for Pep Guardiola, at least to begin with.
Whilst Rode is talented, Bayern have a shedload of greta midfielders with Bastien Schweinsteiger, Javi Martinez, Thiago Alcântara, Mario Götze and Toni Kroos all already vying for central spots in the team.
Watch Rode’s first ever Bundesliga goal, against Bayern Munich in 2011, below.
- Robert Lewandowski v Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Stat comparison before Bayern v Borussi...
- Sunday Specials! Silly odds for Everton-Liverpool & Arsenal-Man United, Bayern pri...
- Owen Hargreaves backs one of his former clubs to win the Champions League (Video)
- Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- Shocking: Fan footage of the Leeds United and Eintracht Frankfurt fans fighting [Videos]
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Leeds: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Golazo: Robert Lewandowski’s Chapeu-Thunderbastard volley for Bayern v Frankfurt ...
- Bayern’s Robert Lewandowski scored a solo volley golazo v Eintracht Frankfurt [Of...