Bayern Munich agree to sign Sebastian Rode from Eintracht Frankfurt in the summer for free [Kicker]
- January 9, 2014
German website Kicker were the first to break the news on Thursday that Bayern Munich have made their second Bosman signing in a week bagging Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder Sebastian Rode.
Like the signing of Lewandowski, Rode will only arrive at the Allainz Arena in the summer when his current deal expires.
Eintracht’s sporting director Bruno Hubner confirmed that the 23-year-old is going to Bayern, telling reporters “I knew nine months ago.”
Rode has been linked with a move to Bayern for several seasons, ever since the midfielder came to prominence in 2012-13 Bundesliga season.
While the signing seems like a good piece of business on Bayern’s behalf, many will wonder about Rode’s ambition as it’s unlikely that the midfielder will get much playing time for Pep Guardiola, at least to begin with.
Whilst Rode is talented, Bayern have a shedload of greta midfielders with Bastien Schweinsteiger, Javi Martinez, Thiago Alcântara, Mario Götze and Toni Kroos all already vying for central spots in the team.
Watch Rode’s first ever Bundesliga goal, against Bayern Munich in 2011, below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...