Bayern director Rummenigge confirms club sold Kroos to avoid risk of losing him for nothing [AS]
- July 15, 2014
Bayern Munich’s managing director Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has confirmed that the club have sold Toni Kroos to avoid losing him for free next summer, according to a report by Spanish site AS.
Kroos is out of contract next summer and Bayern have refused to grant him a new one due to his excessive wage demands, a choice that has made the German midfielder seek a route out of the club.
It has been said for weeks by German and Spanish media that a deal is agreed with Real Madrid and it’s only a matter of time before he is unveiled as a Galactico.
Yet the World Cup has ended and there is still no public word from the player or Real Madrid. But Rummenigge’s words will encourage Madrid fans.
In an excerpt from the article: “We didn’t want to lose him next year without receiving his buy-out clause”, said Bayern’s managing director, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, during the arrival of the Bayern players involved in the World Cup win for Germany in Brazil on Sunday.
“We are obliged to take care of the club’s finances, and we couldn’t afford that luxury”, said Rummenigge about the departure of one of German’s stars at the World Cup. He also confirmed that Real Madrid is the club best placed to win the player’s signature. “It’s correct that there have been conversations with Madrid about Toni”.
Kroos was pivotal to Germany’s World Cup triumph and was statistically one of the tournament’s best players.
Watch Live Stream
- Manuel Neuer scores a belter in Bayern Munich training, Thomas Muller commentates (video)December 8, 2016
- Bayern Munich president: We’re £170million behind top Premier League clubsDecember 7, 2016
- Xabi Alonso shows off his impressive watch collection in new film (Video)December 7, 2016
- Bayern Munich troll Arsenal ahead of Monday’s Champions League drawDecember 7, 2016
- Burglars raided Raphael Varane’s home when he was playing in the UCL [El Mundo]December 9, 2016
- Fabio Coentrao scarpers after failing to nutmeg Cristiano Ronaldo (Video)December 9, 2016
- Real Madrid v Deportivo La Coruna: Watch a live stream of the La Liga matchDecember 9, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo releases tax forms which reveal just how enormously wealthy he isDecember 9, 2016
- Toni Kroos defends Red Bull’s investment in football with interesting argumentNovember 29, 2016
- Real Madrid star Toni Kroos admits he’s considering retirement at 32 [Kicker]November 28, 2016
- Toni Kroos picks two Real Madrid stars he’d love to play for Germany [Kicker]November 28, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos is out with a broken bone in his footNovember 8, 2016