Bayern director Rummenigge confirms club sold Kroos to avoid risk of losing him for nothing [AS]
- July 15, 2014
Bayern Munich’s managing director Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has confirmed that the club have sold Toni Kroos to avoid losing him for free next summer, according to a report by Spanish site AS.
Kroos is out of contract next summer and Bayern have refused to grant him a new one due to his excessive wage demands, a choice that has made the German midfielder seek a route out of the club.
It has been said for weeks by German and Spanish media that a deal is agreed with Real Madrid and it’s only a matter of time before he is unveiled as a Galactico.
Yet the World Cup has ended and there is still no public word from the player or Real Madrid. But Rummenigge’s words will encourage Madrid fans.
In an excerpt from the article: “We didn’t want to lose him next year without receiving his buy-out clause”, said Bayern’s managing director, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, during the arrival of the Bayern players involved in the World Cup win for Germany in Brazil on Sunday.
“We are obliged to take care of the club’s finances, and we couldn’t afford that luxury”, said Rummenigge about the departure of one of German’s stars at the World Cup. He also confirmed that Real Madrid is the club best placed to win the player’s signature. “It’s correct that there have been conversations with Madrid about Toni”.
Kroos was pivotal to Germany’s World Cup triumph and was statistically one of the tournament’s best players.
- Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has destroyed Mario Gotze, says the player’s agent
- Bayern’s Mario Gotze throws first pitch at LA Dodgers-NY Mets game [Video]
- Bayern open talks with Man United’s Ed Woodward for the €50m purchase of Angel Di...
- Pep Guardiola: Bastian Schweinsteiger needs to decide on a Man United move [Quotes]
- New Bayern Munich attacker Douglas Costa gives first interview since £21m move [Video]
- Man United put together a €160m package (transfer fee & wages) for Bayern’s ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi