Bayern director Rummenigge confirms club sold Kroos to avoid risk of losing him for nothing [AS]
- July 15, 2014
Bayern Munich’s managing director Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has confirmed that the club have sold Toni Kroos to avoid losing him for free next summer, according to a report by Spanish site AS.
Kroos is out of contract next summer and Bayern have refused to grant him a new one due to his excessive wage demands, a choice that has made the German midfielder seek a route out of the club.
It has been said for weeks by German and Spanish media that a deal is agreed with Real Madrid and it’s only a matter of time before he is unveiled as a Galactico.
Yet the World Cup has ended and there is still no public word from the player or Real Madrid. But Rummenigge’s words will encourage Madrid fans.
In an excerpt from the article: “We didn’t want to lose him next year without receiving his buy-out clause”, said Bayern’s managing director, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, during the arrival of the Bayern players involved in the World Cup win for Germany in Brazil on Sunday.
“We are obliged to take care of the club’s finances, and we couldn’t afford that luxury”, said Rummenigge about the departure of one of German’s stars at the World Cup. He also confirmed that Real Madrid is the club best placed to win the player’s signature. “It’s correct that there have been conversations with Madrid about Toni”.
Kroos was pivotal to Germany’s World Cup triumph and was statistically one of the tournament’s best players.
Watch Live Stream
- Werder Bremen’s sporting director confirms direct Arsenal talks over Serge GnabryAugust 30, 2016
- Serge Gnabry’s move from Arsenal to Bayern confirmed by his dad [Kicker & SWR]August 30, 2016
- Arsenal fans react to news Serge Gnabry may join Bayern Munich [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Bayern Munich plan to sign Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry [Sky Germany]August 30, 2016
- James to Chelsea & Isco to Spurs still possible [Marca]August 30, 2016
- Chelsea try to offload Cesc Fabregas to Real Madrid [El Confidencial]August 30, 2016
- Mino Raiola confirms Real Madrid wanted to sign Man United’s Paul Pogba [Telefoot]August 28, 2016
- Atletico Madrid offered Real Madrid €70m for Alvaro Morata [AS]August 28, 2016
- The new Champions League ball features hand written messages from Mesut Ozil & Gareth BaleAugust 25, 2016
- Manchester City make £50m bid for Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos [Mirror]July 20, 2016
- David Moyes: I wanted to bring Toni Kroos to Man United [Times]June 26, 2016
- Real Madrid must pay world record fee and give Toni Kroos for Juventus star Paul Pogba [Marca]June 12, 2016