Bayern director Rummenigge confirms club sold Kroos to avoid risk of losing him for nothing [AS]
- July 15, 2014
Bayern Munich’s managing director Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has confirmed that the club have sold Toni Kroos to avoid losing him for free next summer, according to a report by Spanish site AS.
Kroos is out of contract next summer and Bayern have refused to grant him a new one due to his excessive wage demands, a choice that has made the German midfielder seek a route out of the club.
It has been said for weeks by German and Spanish media that a deal is agreed with Real Madrid and it’s only a matter of time before he is unveiled as a Galactico.
Yet the World Cup has ended and there is still no public word from the player or Real Madrid. But Rummenigge’s words will encourage Madrid fans.
In an excerpt from the article: “We didn’t want to lose him next year without receiving his buy-out clause”, said Bayern’s managing director, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, during the arrival of the Bayern players involved in the World Cup win for Germany in Brazil on Sunday.
“We are obliged to take care of the club’s finances, and we couldn’t afford that luxury”, said Rummenigge about the departure of one of German’s stars at the World Cup. He also confirmed that Real Madrid is the club best placed to win the player’s signature. “It’s correct that there have been conversations with Madrid about Toni”.
Kroos was pivotal to Germany’s World Cup triumph and was statistically one of the tournament’s best players.
Watch Live Stream
- Inter Milan v Bayern Munich: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-07-30July 25, 2016
- Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery throws jab at Pep GuardiolaJuly 24, 2016
- Ribery & Alaba score as Bayern Munich beat Landshut 3-0 (Video)July 23, 2016
- Bayern Munich v AC Milan: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-07-28July 22, 2016
- Zinedine Zidane gives son Enzo his Real Madrid debut v PSG (Video)July 28, 2016
- Meunier at the double as PSG ease past Real Madrid 3-1 (Videos)July 28, 2016
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang slams the media on Instagram for his supposed Real Madrid obsessionJuly 27, 2016
- Man United target Paul Pogba urges fans not to believe the newspapers (Video)July 27, 2016
- Manchester City make £50m bid for Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos [Mirror]July 20, 2016
- David Moyes: I wanted to bring Toni Kroos to Man United [Times]June 26, 2016
- Real Madrid must pay world record fee and give Toni Kroos for Juventus star Paul Pogba [Marca]June 12, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos did the Cristiano Ronaldo “Siiii” celebration in Germany training (GIF)June 3, 2016