Bayern coach Pep Guardiola gestures that Man United’s Wayne Rooney dived to get Schweinsteiger sent off
It was a bit of a moot moment for what would otherwise have been a hugely controversial one, but Wayne Rooney really did appear to dive in the dying minutes of United’s draw with Bayern tonight.
As it happened in the 90th minute and clearly didn’t affect the result, perhaps not too much will be made of it, other than the fact that Bastian Schweinsteiger will now miss the return leg next week, having been the victim of said dive.
The ref was hoodwinked, and Schweini was sent off for a second yellow.
And Pep Guardiola, normally so suave and magnanimous, broke from decorum to give his opinion on what he’d just seen, gesturing to the ref that Roo had taken a dive.
- Douglas Costa & Arjen Robben show off some amazing skills in Bayern’s warm up v Schalk...
- BT Sport produced an outrageous Bayern Munich statistic (Video)
- Mario Gotze & girlfriend Ann Kathrin have fun on Dubsmash (Instagram Videos)
- A guy dressed up as Robert Lewandowski picks up girls, for the 3rd time (Video)
- PSV Eindhoven fans wish Luke Shaw well with banner for Man United game [Picture]
- Louis van Gaal discusses Anthony Martial’s likely participation v PSV (Video)
- Ryan Shawcross talks about squabble with Robin van Persie and his time at Man United (Video)
- Sir Alex Ferguson is on a mission to bring Cristiano Ronaldo back to Man United [Marca]
- Bayern boss Pep Guardiola promises that Arsenal won’t be able to attack (Video)
- Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola vows to stop Arsenal (video)
- Peter Schmeichel: Pep Guardiola would damage Man United’s identity (Videos)
- Pep Guardiola wants to renew for 1 more year at Bayern, but club want long-term plan [Bild]