Bayern coach Pep Guardiola gestures that Man United’s Wayne Rooney dived to get Schweinsteiger sent off
It was a bit of a moot moment for what would otherwise have been a hugely controversial one, but Wayne Rooney really did appear to dive in the dying minutes of United’s draw with Bayern tonight.
As it happened in the 90th minute and clearly didn’t affect the result, perhaps not too much will be made of it, other than the fact that Bastian Schweinsteiger will now miss the return leg next week, having been the victim of said dive.
The ref was hoodwinked, and Schweini was sent off for a second yellow.
And Pep Guardiola, normally so suave and magnanimous, broke from decorum to give his opinion on what he’d just seen, gesturing to the ref that Roo had taken a dive.
Watch Live Stream
- Bad news for Bayern Munich’s Douglas CostaSeptember 30, 2016
- Looks like Liverpool keeper Loris Karius takes after Bayern Munich’s Manuel NeuerSeptember 25, 2016
- Bayern Munich want to sign Liverpool’s star asset [Express]September 25, 2016
- Will he get in trouble? Bayern’s Franck Ribery was incredibly cheeky v HamburgSeptember 24, 2016
- Anthony Martial slipped through the mixed zone incognito post Man United 1 – Zorya 0 (Video)September 30, 2016
- Paul Scholes has a theory to explain why Manchester United are struggling in the Europa League (Video)September 30, 2016
- Jose Mourinho moves to give Sir Alex Ferguson more power at Manchester United [Glasgow Live]September 30, 2016
- The Manchester giants are going to ‘go to war’ to sign Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos [MD]September 30, 2016
- ‘One of the best in the world’: Pep Guardiola has glowing praise for Spurs boss Pochettino (Video)September 30, 2016
- Pep Guardiola was happy with Man City’s response v Celtic (Video)September 28, 2016
- Guardiola shows up to training in flashy £200k Bentley [Pictures]September 28, 2016
- Manchester City loanee Bersant Celina scores again for FC Twente (video)September 25, 2016