Bayern coach Pep Guardiola gestures that Man United’s Wayne Rooney dived to get Schweinsteiger sent off
It was a bit of a moot moment for what would otherwise have been a hugely controversial one, but Wayne Rooney really did appear to dive in the dying minutes of United’s draw with Bayern tonight.
As it happened in the 90th minute and clearly didn’t affect the result, perhaps not too much will be made of it, other than the fact that Bastian Schweinsteiger will now miss the return leg next week, having been the victim of said dive.
The ref was hoodwinked, and Schweini was sent off for a second yellow.
And Pep Guardiola, normally so suave and magnanimous, broke from decorum to give his opinion on what he’d just seen, gesturing to the ref that Roo had taken a dive.
Watch Live Stream
- Nuts: Philipp Lahm scores brilliant goal for Bayern v Augsburg (Video)October 26, 2016
- Bayern players wowed by freestyle street performer’s skills after coach invite (Video)October 26, 2016
- Bayern Munich to announce three massive deals in the next month [Sport1]October 26, 2016
- Bayern boss Carlo Ancelotti explains why he doesn’t care that Xabi Alonso is slow (Video)October 21, 2016
- Jose Mourinho brings up Lionel Messi while praising Man United midfielder (Videos)October 28, 2016
- Burnley midfielder Steven Defour talks about Sir Alex Ferguson’s famous letter [Guardian]October 28, 2016
- “You’re a t***!” Ferguson’s argument with Mino Raiola that caused Paul Pogba to leave Man UnitedOctober 28, 2016
- Mkhitaryan chose Man United over Arsenal for bigger roleOctober 28, 2016
- A huge club ‘tried to hire Pep Guardiola’ in NovemberOctober 27, 2016
- Why Jose Mourinho & Pep Guardiola seemed so happy pre Man United v Man CityOctober 27, 2016
- Man City boss hails Pablo Maffeo, believes 19-year-old was a match for United’s Paul Pogba (Video)October 26, 2016
- Crisis? Man City’s Pep Guardiola goes 6 games without a win for 1st time in his career [Tweets]October 26, 2016