Bayern coach Pep Guardiola gestures that Man United’s Wayne Rooney dived to get Schweinsteiger sent off
- April 1, 2014
It was a bit of a moot moment for what would otherwise have been a hugely controversial one, but Wayne Rooney really did appear to dive in the dying minutes of United’s draw with Bayern tonight.
As it happened in the 90th minute and clearly didn’t affect the result, perhaps not too much will be made of it, other than the fact that Bastian Schweinsteiger will now miss the return leg next week, having been the victim of said dive.
The ref was hoodwinked, and Schweini was sent off for a second yellow.
And Pep Guardiola, normally so suave and magnanimous, broke from decorum to give his opinion on what he’d just seen, gesturing to the ref that Roo had taken a dive.
- Mario Gotze scores his second for Germany v Poland (Video)
- Mario Götze scores great solo goal to put Germany 2-0 ahead v Poland (Video)
- Class: Bayern Munich to host training camps for refugees, offer meals & German cla...
- Thiago Alcantara publishes full documentary on year out with injury at Bayern (Video)
- Bayern boss Pep Guardiola gets frustrated with Arturo Vidal’s positional awarenes...
- Kingsley Coman unveiled as a Bayern player after completing €20m transfer from Juventus
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...