Bayern coach Pep Guardiola gestures that Man United’s Wayne Rooney dived to get Schweinsteiger sent off
It was a bit of a moot moment for what would otherwise have been a hugely controversial one, but Wayne Rooney really did appear to dive in the dying minutes of United’s draw with Bayern tonight.
As it happened in the 90th minute and clearly didn’t affect the result, perhaps not too much will be made of it, other than the fact that Bastian Schweinsteiger will now miss the return leg next week, having been the victim of said dive.
The ref was hoodwinked, and Schweini was sent off for a second yellow.
And Pep Guardiola, normally so suave and magnanimous, broke from decorum to give his opinion on what he’d just seen, gesturing to the ref that Roo had taken a dive.
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern Munich president: We’re £170million behind top Premier League clubsDecember 7, 2016
- Xabi Alonso shows off his impressive watch collection in new film (Video)December 7, 2016
- Bayern Munich troll Arsenal ahead of Monday’s Champions League drawDecember 7, 2016
- Arsenal v Bayern Munich jokes sweep the internetDecember 7, 2016
- It will be cold: Zlatan Ibrahimovic previews Zorya v Man UnitedDecember 8, 2016
- Chelsea & Man United battle to sign a top Premier League defender in January [Times]December 8, 2016
- Man United’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan offers blunt assessment of the Ukrainian League (Video)December 8, 2016
- Manchester United’s Phil Jones shows Zlatan how frozen the Zorya Luhansk pitch is (Video)December 8, 2016
- Pep Guardiola impressed with Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United of late (Video)December 5, 2016
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to claim he snubbed Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas (Video)December 5, 2016
- Pep Guardiola calls a journalist a ‘liar’ for fake news story regarding Alexis SanchezDecember 5, 2016
- Pep Guardiola told Yaya Toure to sit down & not warm up v Chelsea (Video)December 4, 2016