Bayern coach Pep Guardiola gestures that Man United’s Wayne Rooney dived to get Schweinsteiger sent off
- April 1, 2014
It was a bit of a moot moment for what would otherwise have been a hugely controversial one, but Wayne Rooney really did appear to dive in the dying minutes of United’s draw with Bayern tonight.
As it happened in the 90th minute and clearly didn’t affect the result, perhaps not too much will be made of it, other than the fact that Bastian Schweinsteiger will now miss the return leg next week, having been the victim of said dive.
The ref was hoodwinked, and Schweini was sent off for a second yellow.
And Pep Guardiola, normally so suave and magnanimous, broke from decorum to give his opinion on what he’d just seen, gesturing to the ref that Roo had taken a dive.
- Thiago Alcantara receives and returns Xabi Alonso pass without letting it hit ground (V...
- Manuel Neuer plays keepy-uppy game with other Bayern Munich goalkeepers (Video)
- Bayern legend ‘pretty certain’ Pep Guardiola will leave in 2016, backs Jurg...
- Indecisive Pep Guardiola hints that he’ll leave Bayern Munich next year
- Douglas Costa nutmegged Arturo Vidal on the Chilean’s first day of Bayern Munich ...
- Bayern hope Thomas Muller will stay in Munich forever, as Man United target Gareth Bale...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi