Bayern chase HSV’s Hakan Calhanoglu, suggests Thomas Muller is off to either Man United, Arsenal or Liverpool [Bild]
- May 9, 2014
The headline story in German tabloid Bild on Friday is that Bayern Munich are tracking Hamburg’s star playmaker Hakan Calhanoglu.
Putting two and two together to make five, should Calhanoglu arrive to the Allianz Arena, then Pep Guardiola’s already chockablock midfield options will swell even further, leading many to believe that Thomas Muller’s rumoured departure to Man United, Arsenal or Liverpool will indeed come to pass.
On the specifics of Bild’s story, Bayern are said to have already made Hamburg aware of their interest in their 20-year-old Turkish-German star.
Hamburg recently extended Calhanoglu’s contract until 2018. However, with the club facing relegation to the second tier, and with a possible 10-15 million euros on the table for Calhanoglu, HSV may not be able to stop the player leaving, particularly as the club are in debt to the tune of around one hundred million euros.
Hakan Calhanoglu came to fame this season when he scored a ridiculous 41-yard free-kick against Borussia Dortmund (see above).
So is Thomas Muller coming to England? It sure seems like Bayern are preparing for that scenario.
- Bayern Munich v AC Milan
- Arsenal flop Nicklas Bendtner wins the Super Cup with an 89th minute leveller & wi...
- Manuel Neuer made a classic defensive diving header for Bayern v Wolfsburg in the Super...
- Thiago Alcantara receives and returns Xabi Alonso pass without letting it hit ground (V...
- Manuel Neuer plays keepy-uppy game with other Bayern Munich goalkeepers (Video)
- Bayern legend ‘pretty certain’ Pep Guardiola will leave in 2016, backs Jurg...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi