Bayern chase HSV’s Hakan Calhanoglu, suggests Thomas Muller is off to either Man United, Arsenal or Liverpool [Bild]
The headline story in German tabloid Bild on Friday is that Bayern Munich are tracking Hamburg’s star playmaker Hakan Calhanoglu.
Putting two and two together to make five, should Calhanoglu arrive to the Allianz Arena, then Pep Guardiola’s already chockablock midfield options will swell even further, leading many to believe that Thomas Muller’s rumoured departure to Man United, Arsenal or Liverpool will indeed come to pass.
On the specifics of Bild’s story, Bayern are said to have already made Hamburg aware of their interest in their 20-year-old Turkish-German star.
Hamburg recently extended Calhanoglu’s contract until 2018. However, with the club facing relegation to the second tier, and with a possible 10-15 million euros on the table for Calhanoglu, HSV may not be able to stop the player leaving, particularly as the club are in debt to the tune of around one hundred million euros.
Hakan Calhanoglu came to fame this season when he scored a ridiculous 41-yard free-kick against Borussia Dortmund (see above).
So is Thomas Muller coming to England? It sure seems like Bayern are preparing for that scenario.
Watch Live Stream
- Bad news for Bayern Munich’s Douglas CostaSeptember 30, 2016
- Looks like Liverpool keeper Loris Karius takes after Bayern Munich’s Manuel NeuerSeptember 25, 2016
- Bayern Munich want to sign Liverpool’s star asset [Express]September 25, 2016
- Will he get in trouble? Bayern’s Franck Ribery was incredibly cheeky v HamburgSeptember 24, 2016
- Hamburg v Bayern Munich: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-24September 18, 2016
- Ex-Barcelona youngster Alen Halilovic scores glorious goal for Hamburg (Official video)August 23, 2016
- Chelsea & Liverpool linked with Moussa Sissoko [L’Equipe]June 14, 2016
- 17-year-old US teenager Christian Pulisic’s first Borussia Dortmund goal v Hamburg (Official Video)April 20, 2016