Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge shoots down Man United on Toni Kroos promising he’ll be in Munich next year
Bad news for Manchester United. Toni Kroos is staying at Bayern Munich.
Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has given fresh quotes on the future on the attacking midfielder on Monday, and the Munich legend appears to have categorically ended thoughts that Kroos will be a Man United player next season.
Rummenigge said “Toni Kroos is sure to wear Bayern Munich shirt next year.”
All indications are that Bayern will now move to sign 24-year-old Kroos up to a fresh deal at the Allianz Arena.
Midfielder Kroos is under contract until 2015, but has yet to reach an agreement on a new deal with Bayern. He is reportedly on €86,000 a week, and hopes to at least double his wages if he is to put pen to paper.
Bayern Munich play Manchester United on Tuesday night at Old Trafford in the quarterfinals of the Champions League.
See Karl-Heinz Rummenigge speaking to reports on Monday (in German) below.
- Bayern Munich boost as Franck Ribery starts running again (Video)
- Xabi Alonso is no longer the king of the long range golazo at Bayern Munich (Video)
- Bayern’s Franz Beckenbauer quotes the Bible to convince Pep Guardiola to not join...
- Pep Guardiola has agreed to take over at Man City next season [El Mundo Deportivo]
- Pele reveals the clubs that made offers to Santos for him, a Premier League giant among...
- The Premier League team of the season so far
- EPL Wacky Races: Arsenal shoot down Man United, the end for Brendan Rodgers & Dick...
- After Jurgen Klopp, will Shinji Kagawa be next? Liverpool fans hope to sign Man United ...
- Gareth Bale posts video of Toni Kroos completely blanking him on Real Madrid bench (Vine)
- Liverpool fans laugh off claims they could sign Toni Kroos from Real Madrid for £35m [T...
- Toni Kroos has penalty saved by AC Milan’s 16-year old keeper Gianluigi Donnarumm...
- Toni Kroos confirms he will be fit for Real Madrid v Juventus on Instagram