Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge shoots down Man United on Toni Kroos promising he’ll be in Munich next year
- March 31, 2014
Bad news for Manchester United. Toni Kroos is staying at Bayern Munich.
Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has given fresh quotes on the future on the attacking midfielder on Monday, and the Munich legend appears to have categorically ended thoughts that Kroos will be a Man United player next season.
Rummenigge said “Toni Kroos is sure to wear Bayern Munich shirt next year.”
All indications are that Bayern will now move to sign 24-year-old Kroos up to a fresh deal at the Allianz Arena.
Midfielder Kroos is under contract until 2015, but has yet to reach an agreement on a new deal with Bayern. He is reportedly on €86,000 a week, and hopes to at least double his wages if he is to put pen to paper.
Bayern Munich play Manchester United on Tuesday night at Old Trafford in the quarterfinals of the Champions League.
See Karl-Heinz Rummenigge speaking to reports on Monday (in German) below.
- Kingsley Coman unveiled as a Bayern player after completing €20m transfer from Juventus
- Douglas Costa pulled off a rainbow flick during Bayern Munich win v Leverkusen (officia...
- Confirmed pots for Thursday’s UCL draw ft. Man United & Arsenal in pot 2 [Gr...
- Paris train hero Alek Skarlatos gets VIP treatment from Bayern Munich squad [Tweet]
- Bayern Munich stars don lederhosen in annual Paulaner photo shoot for Oktoberfest (Video)
- Thomas Muller gave Arturo Vidal a head massage in Bayern Munich training (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...