Bayern bid €30m for Chelsea’s David Luiz. Mourinho to accept, but wants Mario Mandzukic in the deal [Bild]
- May 15, 2014
Bild have splashed their website with a secret story on Thursday afternoon claiming that Bayern Munich are close to the multi-million euro signing.
The story, available only behind a paywall, is said to be the news that Bayern have bid €30m for Chelsea’s David Luiz.
Bild are confident that the deal should go ahead, saying the deal could be wrapped up this week. It’s also said that negotiations are at an advanced stage.
The hiccup could be Jose Mourinho’s demands in return for selling Luiz. Rather than simply cash, Mourinho wants Mario Mandzukic to join Chelsea as part of the deal.
As for Luiz, the Brazilian is said to favour a move to Barcelona, who are offering higher wages.
Mandzukic, on the other hand, is said to be keen on the deal. Bild say his representatives have spoken to Chelsea on a couple of occasions already since the deal became possible.
Roman Abramovich is said to have hired Serbian football agent called Vlado Lemic to broker the deal on Chelsea’s behalf.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...