Bayern bid €30m for Chelsea’s David Luiz. Mourinho to accept, but wants Mario Mandzukic in the deal [Bild]
- May 15, 2014
Bild have splashed their website with a secret story on Thursday afternoon claiming that Bayern Munich are close to the multi-million euro signing.
The story, available only behind a paywall, is said to be the news that Bayern have bid €30m for Chelsea’s David Luiz.
Bild are confident that the deal should go ahead, saying the deal could be wrapped up this week. It’s also said that negotiations are at an advanced stage.
The hiccup could be Jose Mourinho’s demands in return for selling Luiz. Rather than simply cash, Mourinho wants Mario Mandzukic to join Chelsea as part of the deal.
As for Luiz, the Brazilian is said to favour a move to Barcelona, who are offering higher wages.
Mandzukic, on the other hand, is said to be keen on the deal. Bild say his representatives have spoken to Chelsea on a couple of occasions already since the deal became possible.
Roman Abramovich is said to have hired Serbian football agent called Vlado Lemic to broker the deal on Chelsea’s behalf.
- Mario Gotze scores his second for Germany v Poland (Video)
- Mario Götze scores great solo goal to put Germany 2-0 ahead v Poland (Video)
- Class: Bayern Munich to host training camps for refugees, offer meals & German cla...
- Thiago Alcantara publishes full documentary on year out with injury at Bayern (Video)
- Bayern boss Pep Guardiola gets frustrated with Arturo Vidal’s positional awarenes...
- Kingsley Coman unveiled as a Bayern player after completing €20m transfer from Juventus
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...