Bayern bid €30m for Chelsea’s David Luiz. Mourinho to accept, but wants Mario Mandzukic in the deal [Bild]
- May 15, 2014
Bild have splashed their website with a secret story on Thursday afternoon claiming that Bayern Munich are close to the multi-million euro signing.
The story, available only behind a paywall, is said to be the news that Bayern have bid €30m for Chelsea’s David Luiz.
Bild are confident that the deal should go ahead, saying the deal could be wrapped up this week. It’s also said that negotiations are at an advanced stage.
The hiccup could be Jose Mourinho’s demands in return for selling Luiz. Rather than simply cash, Mourinho wants Mario Mandzukic to join Chelsea as part of the deal.
As for Luiz, the Brazilian is said to favour a move to Barcelona, who are offering higher wages.
Mandzukic, on the other hand, is said to be keen on the deal. Bild say his representatives have spoken to Chelsea on a couple of occasions already since the deal became possible.
Roman Abramovich is said to have hired Serbian football agent called Vlado Lemic to broker the deal on Chelsea’s behalf.
- Man United’s pursuit of Bayern’s Schweinsteiger looks like it’s dead ...
- Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery is considering retirement due to ankle problem
- Bayern Munich set to sign Douglas Costa from Shakhtar for €35m [Sport 1]
- Bayern & Man United considering swap deal of cash plus Bastian Schweinsteiger for ...
- Bayern boss Pep Guardiola states that he still has huge affection for ex-Barca presiden...
- BBC confirm Man United interest in both Sergio Ramos & Bastian Schweinsteiger
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi