Barcelona’s first offer to Liverpool for Luis Suarez was less than £50m [El Mundo Deportivo]
- July 3, 2014
How much did Barcelona offer for Luis Suarez in the first meeting between Barcelona and Liverpool yesterday?
If you believe the English media, it was anywhere between 55 and 72 million pounds. The equivalent of 70 to 90 million euros.
Luis Suarez has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave Liverpool if a foreign club (realistically only Barcelona or Real Madrid) pays 88 million euros.
Whilst El Mundo Deportivo confirm the release clause to foreign clubs was discussed, Barcelona offered a lot less.
Barcelona negotiators Antoni Rossich, Jordi Mestre and Raül Sanllehí informed Liverpool on Wednesday that they will not be paying the 88 million euros as a result of that bite on Giorgio Chiellini and the fact Suarez wants to leave England.
Therefore the first offer, according to El Mundo Deportivo, was 60 million euros (48 million pounds).
Finally, El Mundo add what has been known for the last 24 hours of so: Alexis Sanchez will not be part of the deal taking Luis Suarez from Liverpool to Barcelona.
Latest reports suggest Liverpool will not accept less than 80 million pounds for Suarez.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...