Barcelona’s Luis Suarez says he ‘feels like a footballer again’ after first training session [AS]
- August 15, 2014
Luis Suarez has told journalists in Spain that he feels like a footballer again and acknowledged that he was paying for the error he committed, report AS.
The striker partook in his first training session for Barcelona today despite joining the club several weeks ago after he was only cleared to train and play in friendlies yesterday when the results of his appeal to CAS were revealed.
Suarez is still banned from playing competitive football but he couldn’t hide his delight today: “”I’m very happy to feel like a footballer again and to be with my teammates. I really wanted to get going. It was an uncomfortable situation. I’m paying for an error that I committed.
Now I have to wait to get back playing, and to have contact with the fans and experience what it’s like to play in the Camp Nou. I’m very thankful to the club for all they’ve done for me in the last few days and weeks. They’ve treated me well and I’m grateful because I’m achieving a dream to play with Barca.
Suarez might make his Barcelona debut on Monday against Liga MX side Leon in a friendly.
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...