Barcelona’s Luis Suarez says he ‘feels like a footballer again’ after first training session [AS]
- August 15, 2014
Luis Suarez has told journalists in Spain that he feels like a footballer again and acknowledged that he was paying for the error he committed, report AS.
The striker partook in his first training session for Barcelona today despite joining the club several weeks ago after he was only cleared to train and play in friendlies yesterday when the results of his appeal to CAS were revealed.
Suarez is still banned from playing competitive football but he couldn’t hide his delight today: “”I’m very happy to feel like a footballer again and to be with my teammates. I really wanted to get going. It was an uncomfortable situation. I’m paying for an error that I committed.
Now I have to wait to get back playing, and to have contact with the fans and experience what it’s like to play in the Camp Nou. I’m very thankful to the club for all they’ve done for me in the last few days and weeks. They’ve treated me well and I’m grateful because I’m achieving a dream to play with Barca.
Suarez might make his Barcelona debut on Monday against Liga MX side Leon in a friendly.
- Barca’s Dani Alves: Pep Guardiola wanted to coach Brazil team for World Cup 2014 ...
- Barcelona starlet Sergi Samper posts quality indoor training drill video on Facebook
- Sky Sports compile new Barcelona signing Arda Turan’s best Atletico goals [Video]
- Barcelona publish Arda Turan compilation video to celebrate €35m signing [Video]
- Sloppy Neymar had a good time at a house party in Brazil [Video]
- It’s official: Barcelona sign Arda Turan from Atletico Madrid
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi