Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta: “The Suarez ban is harsh and should be reduced” [Video]
Barcelona playmaker Andres Iniesta say come out in support of his new teammate Luis Suarez saying that his ban was harsh and should be reduced.
Suarez was banned from all football activity for four months by FIFA after biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup.
He’s in line to make his debut in the first Clasico of the season in late October but Iniesta feels he should be allowed to play for the club before that.
He said: “The club are dealing with FIFA and the tribunals and we hope that everything will be okay soon; we hope the sanction, which I think is harsh, can be reduced as much as possible.”
Iniesta also took the time to defend Lionel Messi saying: “Possibly a ‘bad’ game for Leo would be another player’s excellent one.”
- Pitch level footage of Barcelona’s exhibition football v Real Madrid (Video)
- Former Man United coach compares Jesse Lingard to Andres Iniesta [Quotes]
- Neymar & Andres Iniesta post celebratory dressing room pics after Real Madrid 0 – Barc...
- Awesome scenes: Real Madrid fans applaud Andres Iniesta off in El Clasico (Video)
- Is Barcelona’s MSN the greatest strike force ever? Many people believe so [Tweets]
- Luis Suarez’s exquisite volley for Barcelona v Roma (Official Video)
- Unreal fan cam footage of Luis Suarez’s magical volley for Barcelona v Roma (Instagram Video)
- Steven Gerrard says Luis Suarez has reached another level at Barcelona (Video)