Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta: “The Suarez ban is harsh and should be reduced” [Video]
Barcelona playmaker Andres Iniesta say come out in support of his new teammate Luis Suarez saying that his ban was harsh and should be reduced.
Suarez was banned from all football activity for four months by FIFA after biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup.
He’s in line to make his debut in the first Clasico of the season in late October but Iniesta feels he should be allowed to play for the club before that.
He said: “The club are dealing with FIFA and the tribunals and we hope that everything will be okay soon; we hope the sanction, which I think is harsh, can be reduced as much as possible.”
Iniesta also took the time to defend Lionel Messi saying: “Possibly a ‘bad’ game for Leo would be another player’s excellent one.”
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona announce the timetable for Andres Iniesta & Jeremy Mathieu’s recoveryAugust 15, 2016
- ‘We’re all with him’ : Spain’s Andres Iniesta addresses the David De Gea situation (Video)June 19, 2016
- Spain’s Andres Iniesta is the King of Euros and World Cups [Stats]June 18, 2016
- There is 1 glaring omission, and 1 ridiculous inclusion in UEFA’s Team of Euro 2016 Matchday 1June 15, 2016
- Barcelona youth team show awesome sportsmanship after beating Japanese side (Video)August 29, 2016
- Barcelona win at Bilbao thanks to Ter Stegen’s face & Rakitic’s header (Official video)August 29, 2016
- Barcelona keeper Ter Stegen breaks a record v Athletic BilbaoAugust 28, 2016
- Barcelona tried to sign Arsenal bound striker Lucas Perez [Graham Hunter Audio]August 26, 2016
- Luis Suarez bags a hat-trick as Barcelona crush Betis 6-2 (Official video)August 20, 2016
- Luis Suarez scores Barcelona team goal from Arda Turan assist v Sevilla (Videos)August 14, 2016
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi bags amazing overhead kick assist for Luis Suarez v Sampdoria (Video)August 10, 2016
- Liverpool old boy Luis Suarez laughs at Roberto Firmino’s hair (Video)August 7, 2016