Barcelona’s Alexis Sanchez refused to collect runners-up medal, allegedly called Tata a ‘Wimp’ for not starting him [Video]
- April 18, 2014
In the run-up to the Copa del Rey final, many expected Tata Martino to start with Alexis Sanchez, with SPORT putting him in their predicted line-up on the day of the match.
But Tata instead went with Cesc Fabregas to play alongside Messi and Neymar in the front 3, and Alexis played just the final 3 minutes as a late sub.
Sanchez is believed to have stormed straight down the tunnel at full-time, and as the video below shows, he refused the formality of collecting his runners-up medal from the King, as he’s clearly the only Barcelona player not present on the clip.
Sanchez is then alleged to have called Tata a ‘wimp’ for not starting him, according to SPORT.
With Neymar ruled out for the rest of the season, it will be interesting to see how this unfolds, as Tata will have little choice but to play Sanchez.
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez produces really classy gesture at Chile training [video]
- Cheeseball: Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez posts Instagram video of himself singing kar...
- Alexis Sanchez reveals a Uruguay player called him a ‘wuss’ for going down ...
- Mauricio Isla scores late winner as Chile beat 9 man Uruguay 1-0 [Official Highlights]
- Arsenal Puma training tops & jackets for 2015/2016
- Arsenal paid £32m for Alexis Sanchez, Liverpool are paying £29m for Roberto Firmino [Tw...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi