- Arsene Wenger confirms Gabriel Paulista signing is imminent, no work permit issue [Video]
- Arsenal Superfan Moh hails Tomas Rosicky after FA Cup win over Brighton [Video]
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on FA Cup favourites tag: ‘Manchester United might go through’ (!) [Video]
- Claude & Ty BFFs after Arsenal’s win over Brighton & Hove Albion! [Video]
- Spurs & Man United legend Teddy Sheringham scores lovely chip in Fernando Ricksen charity match
Barcelona’s Alexis Sanchez refused to collect runners-up medal, allegedly called Tata a ‘Wimp’ for not starting him [Video]
In the run-up to the Copa del Rey final, many expected Tata Martino to start with Alexis Sanchez, with SPORT putting him in their predicted line-up on the day of the match.
But Tata instead went with Cesc Fabregas to play alongside Messi and Neymar in the front 3, and Alexis played just the final 3 minutes as a late sub.
Sanchez is believed to have stormed straight down the tunnel at full-time, and as the video below shows, he refused the formality of collecting his runners-up medal from the King, as he’s clearly the only Barcelona player not present on the clip.
Sanchez is then alleged to have called Tata a ‘wimp’ for not starting him, according to SPORT.
With Neymar ruled out for the rest of the season, it will be interesting to see how this unfolds, as Tata will have little choice but to play Sanchez.
- Updated: April 18, 2014