- Video of the incredible rain storm that suspended Estoril v PSV
- Robin van Persie set to be replaced by Radamel Falcao for Man United v Hull [Sun]
- BassBuds deny they were behind 3 Spurs-Partizan pitch invasions
- WOW! Samir Handanovic saves 6th (sixth!) consecutive penalty for Inter Milan v Dnipro
- TrollStation take credit for 3 pitch invasions during Spurs-Partizan 1st half
Barcelona’s Alexis Sanchez refused to collect runners-up medal, allegedly called Tata a ‘Wimp’ for not starting him [Video]
In the run-up to the Copa del Rey final, many expected Tata Martino to start with Alexis Sanchez, with SPORT putting him in their predicted line-up on the day of the match.
But Tata instead went with Cesc Fabregas to play alongside Messi and Neymar in the front 3, and Alexis played just the final 3 minutes as a late sub.
Sanchez is believed to have stormed straight down the tunnel at full-time, and as the video below shows, he refused the formality of collecting his runners-up medal from the King, as he’s clearly the only Barcelona player not present on the clip.
Sanchez is then alleged to have called Tata a ‘wimp’ for not starting him, according to SPORT.
With Neymar ruled out for the rest of the season, it will be interesting to see how this unfolds, as Tata will have little choice but to play Sanchez.
- Updated: April 18, 2014