Barcelona’s Alexis Sanchez is open to moving to Juventus this summer [Sky Italia]
- April 23, 2014
Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio, the godfather of football transfer news, broke the story overnight on Tuesday that Alexis Sanchez is open to leaving Barcelona for Juventus this summer.
Whilst Sanchez is all set to pack his Nou Camp bags and return to Italy where he made his name with Udinese, Barcelona are yet to ratify the Chilean’s sale as they are looking for clarity on the club’s transfer ban.
Barcelona are trying to avoid a one year transfer ban imposed on the club for breaching rules on illegally bringing youngsters to Catalonia, and while a lot of noise from Spain seems to believe that ban will be lifted, currently it’s still in place.
With there buying power curtailed, Barca are hesitant to let Sanchez leave. That said, Di Marzio believes that the return of Gerard Deulofeu from Everton this summer could plug the hole Sanchez would leave in the Barcelona team regardless of the transfer ban.
Sanchez, 25-years-old, has made 39 appearances in all competitions this season for Barcelona, netting 17 goals.
- Watch awesome fan cam footage of how Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez won the Copa Americ...
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez won Chile the Copa America with a glorious penalty [Videos]
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez & Leo Messi shared warm embrace before Copa America...
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez produces really classy gesture at Chile training [video]
- Cheeseball: Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez posts Instagram video of himself singing kar...
- Alexis Sanchez reveals a Uruguay player called him a ‘wuss’ for going down ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi