- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
- David De Gea has turned down Real Madrid, set to sign new 5-year Man United contract [Express]
- Chelsea’s Fernando Torres could move to Atletico Madrid on loan in January [Chiringuito]
- Arsenal lining up £26m January bid for Barcelona’s Pedro [Express]
Barcelona’s Alexis Sanchez is open to moving to Juventus this summer [Sky Italia]
Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio, the godfather of football transfer news, broke the story overnight on Tuesday that Alexis Sanchez is open to leaving Barcelona for Juventus this summer.
Whilst Sanchez is all set to pack his Nou Camp bags and return to Italy where he made his name with Udinese, Barcelona are yet to ratify the Chilean’s sale as they are looking for clarity on the club’s transfer ban.
Barcelona are trying to avoid a one year transfer ban imposed on the club for breaching rules on illegally bringing youngsters to Catalonia, and while a lot of noise from Spain seems to believe that ban will be lifted, currently it’s still in place.
With there buying power curtailed, Barca are hesitant to let Sanchez leave. That said, Di Marzio believes that the return of Gerard Deulofeu from Everton this summer could plug the hole Sanchez would leave in the Barcelona team regardless of the transfer ban.
Sanchez, 25-years-old, has made 39 appearances in all competitions this season for Barcelona, netting 17 goals.
- Updated: April 23, 2014